Chapter 17

What's with this life? I can't even eat peacefully. Inila[ag ko yung cake na kinuha ko kanina sa table at tinignan itong mga uninvited guests dito sa private room.

"Did you leave your brain somewhere, Lady Penton? Or did you not know the purpose of private rooms?" Bakit ba pasok ng pasok sa mga rooms, hindi naman kami close.

"Hohoho... I would not let the likes of you give a lecture. In fact, I am here to brief you."

"That wouldn't be necessary. Just like you, I don't like to get lectured by people like you. So, if you understand that, kindly leave this room and have some life."

Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin. Pero bago pa siya nagsalita ulit ay tinignan na muna niya ako mula ulo hanggang paa.

"Don't come here with that unfashionable dress of yours. Where did you even get that cheap dress?" Now, you are attacking my gown? "To be honest, your presence is not really needed here. You are disturbing everyone's eyes. How are you so thick-skinned, dear princess?"

"I'd rather have thick skin than thick make-up. What are you, a clown?" Mas nalukot ang mukha ni Becky sa mga pinagsasabi ko.

Why is she even talking to me? She should've known by now that people avoid talking to me. One thing to know about me is to avoid talking to me. The more you talk to me, the more you get frustrated. The more you get frustrated, the more you lose your hair. I don't know why, but I find it entertaining when people get frustrated about me. The look on their faces is too damn funny.

Bigla niyang inagaw yung wine na hawak nung isa niyang kasama. Lumapit siya sa akin at tinapon wine sa gown ko.

"Oh my, how rude of me. What to do? My hands were slippery. Since you are a mess, I think you should go home now." Tsaka sila nagtawanan ng mga alipores niya.

"Hohohoho..." tawa pa niya na akala mo naman kagandahan pakinggan.

Normally, I wouldn't do anything and let it pass. But Joanette and Elisa really worked hard on this dress. That's why I'm going to become as petty as them.

"It's alright, Becky. I understand a 20-year-old lady can't properly carry a glass of wine. Your hands are wet, so you should always wipe them. It's quite disgusting."

"Huh?" Ayan! Natigil sa pagtawa ang bruha. Mabuti na lang at nakakuha ako ng wine ko arin kanina. Kinuha ko yun at tinapon ang laman sa mukha niya.

"Lady Penton!" sigaw nung mga alipores niya dahil sa gulat.

"Oh my! How rude of me! It's like my hand has its own mind. I didn't notice it moving and threw the wine at your pathetic face."

"Y-you--" ramdam ko yung galit niya dahil sa hindi niya matuloy yung gusto niyang sabihin.

"Oh goodness. I'm so sorry, Becky. I truly am sorry", sabi ko sabay ngiti sakaniya. "But I heard from the empress that the Penton family is the forgiving type for people who make small mistakes. I'm sure you'll let this go, right?" dagdag ko habang nakangiting nang-aasar.