Chapter 6

"Your Holiness, it is indeed been a long time." Kainis! Dapat kasi lumayas na ako kanina pa. Yan tuloy.

"Since you are already here, why don't you get baptized too?

"Hahaha... Your Holiness, you are so obsessed with baptism. Unfortunately, I have something important to do, so the baptism can wait. I guess... next time... or never? Hehehe..."

"Hahahaha..." tawa rin ng bishop habang yung mga priests sa likod niya ay masama ang tingin sa akin.

"You really are like a challenge, Your Highness. I have a strong feeling that you are the challenge that the goddess has sent to me, and I will vow that before this life of mine ends, I will baptize you, and the goddess will give you the most beautiful name."

"Ha?"napakamot nalang tuloy ako ng ulo. Does the goddess have nothing else to do?

"I feel bad for breaking such fervor, but I have to head back now Your Holiness. It was nice to meet you again."

"Safe travels, Your Highness. May the goddess protect your journey." Umalis na ako bago pa ako ma-baptize.

Actually, wala naman talaga akong importanteng gagawin. Gusto ko lang makaalis. Hinanap ko muna yung kambal para i-congratulate. Masaya naman sila na umattend ako. Pagkatapos nun ay umuwi na kami nila Joanette.

~~~

The twins' baptismal ceremony ended successfully. Nothing bad happened, so it was great. It seems like they liked their second name, so I'm happy for them. And now, my lazy days continue... or so I thought.

Kinaumagahan, pinatawag nanaman ako ng emperor at kinausap ako about my future.

"Your future is bleak and dark. As a father, that worries me, but as an emperor, I want to knock that hard head of yours down."

"Just like what I always tell you, Father, just give me some property and some money."

"And just like what I told you, I don't like that future for you."

"Tsk!" What a stingy father.

"I am seriously asking you, Bianca, what is your plan?" I don't actually have a plan in mind. All I wanted to do was have a relaxing life, but I'm pretty sure my father wouldn't consider that a plan.

Napakamot nalang tuloy ako ng ulo.

"If by the time you haven't planned out your future, see to it that I will take charge of your decisions. No more freedom of choice, Bianca." I gasped because that was a nightmare. "And that includes your marriage", he added. This nightmare is getting worse.

"But father---"

"Eh-eh-eh, no buts", he cut me off. "Let's get to the point, shall we?" hindi pa pala doon natatapos yung usapan.