Chapter 18

Halos lahat ng tao ay nakatingin sa akin. Karamihan pa sakanila ay nagsimula ng magbulungan. I saw Empress Melba smirking like she won something or that her face had just problems.

And the funny thing is that Bethany is wearing the same expression. This mother-daughter duo is really working hard. Binaba ko yung pinggan na hawak ko. Uminom na muna ako ng wine tsaka ko sinagot ang katanungan ni Melba.

"It would be my pleasure, Your Majesty", I gave her my sweetest smile, and she was taken aback. Anong akala mo uurungan ko trip mo?

Nagsimula na akong lumakad papunta doon sa may piano. Bawat hakbang ko ay kani-kaniyang bulungan yung mga tao. Nakita ko sa peripheral vision ko ang nag-aalalang mukha ng emperor at ni Benjamin. Nag-aalalang baka may gawin nanaman akong katarantaduhan.

But don't you worry, Father and Benjamin, I like the sound of the piano, so I will do well. As I sat down and placed my fingers above the keys, all sorts of emotions started surging in. I guess it's been a while since I played the piano.

I breathed heavily and started playing a piece I thought I had forgotten about. Even if I close my eyes, it seems like my fingers still remember the keys. The grand hall was so quiet that only the piano music could be heard.

Empress Melba may have planned to light up the party by humiliating me, but I have a different plan. The piece that I am actually playing is not an uplifting kind of music. It's actually a sad piece. Everyone looks like they're in high spirits, so how about we turn it down? I want everyone to feel shitty about themselves.

As I finished playing the piano, I immediately got up and went straight to where Alexis and Joanette were standing. I was halfway through when suddenly, the people started clapping their hands like crazy. I looked at them, confused. Some of them were crying.

What the hell?

"Your Highness hasn't played an instrument before. You didn't even receive piano lessons. How did you put on such a beautiful performance? And what was that piece? Was that an original composition?"

"Original composition?"

"Does the first princess know to compose?"

Salubong sa akin ni Joanette na umiiyak din. At dahil sa medyo may kalakasan ang boses niya ay narinig iyun ng mga tao na malapit sa amin. Kani-kaniyang mga chismisan na tuloy sila.

"You didn't?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Alexis.

"I indeed didn't receive a piano lesson or anything related to that crap, but I guess I am sort of a musical genius." HAHAHAHAHA!

"That's unfortunate. The first princess could've made history." May biglang sumingit na hindi ko kilala.

"That piece you played earlier was mesmerizing, Your Highness. It was sad and heartbreaking. You can feel all sorts of emotions hearing that piece." May sumingit pa na isa habang nagpupunas ng luha.