Chapter 3

Nagising nalang ako dahil sa sikat ng araw. Who opened the curtain?

"Rise and shine, Your Highness." masayang pagbati sa akin ni Joanette. Wala tuloy akong choice kundi bumangon na. "How was your sleep?" pagtatanong niya.

Bahagya akong napaisip at inalala yung assassin kagabi. "Fantastic. I slept like a baby", sagot ko tsaka ako tumayo para maghilamos ng mukha.

"Here's your breakfast, Your Highness, carefully made by Chef Gibbon", pagdating ni Elisa dala ang breakfast ko.

"Great."

I just like how they act like nothing happened last night. Assassins suddenly coming at me has been a part of my 20 years living here.

Bilib na rin ako kay Melba dahil sa pagiging consistent niya sa pagpapadala ng assassins sa akin. No matter how many assassins she sends, they will always end up dead.

I only have five people in this palace, but these people are specially trained by my grandfather, the military commander and the only swordmaster in the empire.

They were not only sent to serve me but also to protect me. Seriously, who are you trying to challenge, Melba?

Joanette must've taken care of the assassin last night since magkatabi lang naman kami ng kwarto.

I don't have to think about my safety kaya hayahay ang life. I don't have a knight or an army to protect me, but who needs them? Haha!

~~~

Even though I want to live a lazy and peaceful life, the Estielieu Empire is actually at war with the Crolitia Empire.

Estielieu in the east, Crolitia in the west. And what's the reason for this fight between big countries? It's the Yovell Kingdom. Though it's already a ruined kingdom, this one is rich in natural resources.

It's been a decade since nagsimula silang mag-agawan. The Crolitia Empire is known for its advanced magic technology. The lifestyle there is mostly powered by magic. That's a given since that country has so many magic towers.

Compared to the Estielieu Empire, when it comes to magic technology, we are still in the beginning stages, and we only have one magic tower.

The emperor worries that if the Crolitia started to wage a war for the Yovell Kingdom, they might continue it and try to conquer the Estielieu in the process.

And from what I heard, the current emperor of Crolitia is a bit crazy. He's arrogant and quite an ambitious old man.

Though it won't be easy for Crolitia to conquer the Estielieu, we may lack a number of mages, but the Estielieu Empire's pride is swordsmanship. Also, the Estielieu Empire has allied countries. What really worries the emperor is the damage that will be done if a war starts. So as much as possible, the emperor and Benjamin are trying to make a deal peacefully.