Chapter 2

The Estielieu Empire has been known for dreadfully following traditions. And one example of that tradition is the ascension to the throne.

It's by tradition that the eldest should inherit the throne regardless of gender. I was the firstborn child of the emperor, and because of that, expectations were made the day I was born.

But unfortunately, the long-held tradition was broken when I showed no interest in the position at such a young age. They have no choice but to dismiss me as the crown princess and pass the title to my younger half-brother, Benjamin.

I don't want to become the Empress. High in status but with too many responsibilities. All I wanted was to receive a decent sum of inheritance and live happily ever after.

Becoming an empress sounds like a lot of work, and talking politics to certain people is a pain in the ass. I don't like hard work. I don't like talking to people I don't care about. I'm lazy. I'm unsociable. I just don't give a fuck.

I just want to lay on my bed with lots of food and money all day.

I remember when Benjamin became the crown prince, Melba was the happiest mother in the world. I also remember laughing at her proud face. It was a sight to see.

But despite that, she still sees me as a bane to his son's ascension. Was it because there are still noble families that support me?

I don't even know these people, but they are still families who don't want to break the tradition. What a bunch of traditionalists! To be honest, they bother my life goal of lazing around.

And because of my unwelcome supporters, Melba always finds a way to attack me. I mean, who else is responsible for spreading those rumors?

The Useless Princess, The Lazy Princess, The Blacksheep of the royal family, The Embarrassment of the Empire, etc.

Those were just some of the titles I received from the people because of the rumors.

People make fun of me for being the useless slash-lazy princess of the empire, but it's not that bad. It made my lazy life easier, so I thanked the empress for her effort. I don't care about my honour in society, so rumors can't really hurt me. 

~~~

Pagkatapos ng luncheon ay agad na bumalik ako sa palace ko. Ano ba pa gagawin ko dito sa main palace? And as usual, it took me two hours to walk back.

The Faemley Palace is the palace given to me, and it's the farthest among other palaces. It was originally a place for recuperating members of the royal family. I guess laziness is now considered a disease.

Pagkarating ko ay agad akong nagpatulong maligo kay Elisa, my maid servant. I need leg massage. Puro lakad ginawa ko ngayong araw. It's not good.

"Your Highness, actually, Chef Gibbon prepared some refreshments for you," Elisa said.

The chef must've known I'd be starving again after the long walk. "Nice. Serve it after I change clothes."

"Yes, Your Highness".

Pagkatapos akong bihisan ni Elisa ay umalis na ito para kunin yung meryenda ko. Ako naman ay naupo muna sa may balcony at nagmuni-muni. The sun has already set.

"Is something troubling you, Your Highness?" pagtatanong ni Joanette. Sa sobrang titig ko sa kawalan hindi ko man lang narinig ang pagpasok nila.

Inihanda ni Joanette at Elisa yung dala nilang meryenda ko. "Troubling me? There's no such thing. I'm just enjoying the leisure of being relaxed." sagot ko sabay kain sa meryenda. Chef Gibbon doesn't disappoint me.

"Aren't you going to join me?" pagyaya ko sa sakanilang dalawa.

"No, Your Highness", Hinintay lang ako nila Joanette na matapos kumain. To be honest, I only have a small number of people serving me.

Since I have quite the reputation, no one really wants to serve a royal family member who has no clear future.

I only have Joanette Featherman, my lady-in-waiting. The eldest daughter of Baron Featherman. Elisa, my maidservant, is a commoner. Chef Gibbon, my super-talented chef. Joyce is also a commoner and a kitchen helper. And there's Perot, the gardener. He cares for the palace garden and always keeps the grass clean because I always take naps there.

I have no qualms about how little my people are. The important thing is that they take care of me and are loyal to me.

These people were sent by my grandfather, Marquis Jaque Harrence. And he is also the one paying their salary. It's because the empress is not doing her job well, plus I don't trust the people she sends here.

Buti nalang at nandiyan ang aking grandpa Jaque na suportado sa aking katamaran.Natapos na ako sa pagkain ko. Niligpit naman ito agad ni Elisa. "After you clean it, you may also take a rest. I'll be going to sleep in a bit." utos ko sakanila.

"Yes, Your Highness. Have a good night's sleep." Paalam nila tsaka sila lumabas ng kwarto. I stayed for a little while on the balcony and enjoyed the night's cool breeze. And not for too long that I felt so sleepy. I should get to sleep now. It's really a tiring day.

Pumasok na ako sa kwarto ko at nahiga sa bed ko. Bago ko pa maisara ang mga mata ko ay narinig ko ang pagbukas-sara ng pintuan ng balcony ko.

I must've pissed off the empress earlier that she immediately sent an assassin to take care of me. "Ugh! Give it a rest, Melba".

I said as I tossed around and closed my eyes. I'm tired and very sleepy. I don't have the energy to entertain you, assassin.

And by that, I had fallen asleep, as a clinking sound was heard in the background.

===>>> See you in the next chapter...