Chapter 16

"Are you seriously sneaking into a lady's room at night, huh, Alexis?"

At anung masamang espiritu ang sumapi dito at naisipan pumunta dito sa kwarto ko ng gabi?

"It's a good thing that you are still awake, Bianca. Well, I was planning to wake you up if you weren't. We have a problem." Napaupo tuloy ako.

"What? Did something happen? Sit here", pinaupo ko siya sa may bed ko at pinakinggan yung problema na tinutukoy niya.

"You know that we were having these meetings about the Crolitia, right? It so happens that another report from the spies sent by the Holy Empire has arrived. It seems like the rumors about the empire and demons were true. It was presumed that the emperor himself was possessed by a demon."

Hah! Aren't they being cute? "I know that this is a huge problem for a lot of people, but how is that my personal problem?"

"We also talk about how we will handle them when we attack and how to defend ourselves. The Holy Empire mentioned that everyone must have undergone baptism to receive the protection of Larasil." That sly cardinal.

"So, you get yourself baptised. I wouldn't need it since I wouldn't be participating or something. I can't still see how this is my problem."

"Well, this is where your problem comes in. The emperor announced that everyone in this empire would be having their baptism early, and that included you. His Majesty specifically said that you will be baptized whether you are unconscious or not." Ilang minuto ko prinocess yung mga sinabi ni Alexis.

"The emperor said what? So, they're going to forcefully baptize us all? When is this going to happen?".

"After the grand banquet. The operations will start."

"Well, this is indeed a problem." I'm so sleepy that I can't even think of a plan. "Hah! You're hurting my brain. I'll just think about it tomorrow. My sleep is more important."

Inayos ko yung unan ko at nahiga na. Bukas ko na isipin ito. "I knew you would say that. Well then, good night, Bianca."

Agad din akong bumangon at tinignan si Alexis na nakahiga sa tabi ko. "But why are you in my bed? Go back to your room."

"I don't want to. I'm too lazy to go back." At ngayon mo naisipan tamarin? "And besides, this is not the first time we've slept together. We always did this when we were young. I see no problem here."

I just rolled my eyes and lay beside him. Bukas na lang din kita po-problemahin. Inaantok na ako.

Nagising na lang ako dahil sa parang may narinig akong mga nabasag. Babangon sana ako nang mapansin ko parang may nakapulipot sa akin.

"Y-your Highness?" rinig kong sambit ni Joanette kaya tinignan ko siya. Nakakunot noo ko siyang tinignan dahil sa nanlalaki ang mga mata niya at tinuturo yung katabi ko.