Chapter 22

In life, sometimes things happen for unknown reasons, like things that you can't understand.

At first, I did not realize that I had been reincarnated. I thought I was in heaven.

After dying from getting hit by a truck, I opened my eyes, and an unfamiliar view was seen right in front of me. It's like a view that could only appear in fantasy novels, movies, and anywhere else that is fictitious.

What's even more surprising is that I turned into a baby again. After a few days of eating and sleeping, I realized I was reincarnated.

Since I was still in a baby's body and cannot do anything, I had plenty of time to think about my new life.

But as lucky as I was to get a second life, I wasn't blessed with being born into a rich family or having loving parents.

I don't know if the world is pitying my past life or wanting to screw me again. But eventually, I agreed and accepted my new life. I've already been reborn,may magagawa pa ba ako?

After clearing my mind, I checked out the new world I was born into. It was a completely different world from my previous life. The place I'm currently in is a holy kingdom called Zela. A kingdom where the church has more power than the government.

The name Zela comes from the two goddesses that the Holy Kingdom worships. Zetia, the Goddess of healing, and Naella, the Goddess of protection.

It was really a new world for me. Given my situation, I had a hard time adapting to this new system.

First of all, I do not have a father. I only have a mother who was a prostitute. Since I was born in the slums of this holy kingdom, not a single day I cursed my goddamn life.

My parents this time are even worse than my parents in my previous life. The father is unknown, while the mother is clearly abandoning you. Kaya simula nang matuto ako makalad ay sumama ako sa ibang mga bata para mamalimos sa ibang tao.

The things I do para lang makakain ako kahit isang beses lang sa isang araw.

But my begging era stopped when I was four years old. A paladin suddenly came to our tiny house, telling my mother that the church would be taking me from now on.

Wala ng tanong-tanong at agad na tinanggap ng gaga kong ina ang pera kapalit ko. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako binili ng church, pero lahat din ng katanungan ko ay nasagot pagkarating ko sa church.

"What is your name, child?" tanong sa akin ng matandang pari na sa pagkakaalam ko ay ang High Priest ng church.

"Bianca", sagot ko. Actually, my birth mother didn't bother naming me. Ginamit ko nalang yung dati kong pangalan.

"Bianca it is. By the way, I want you to meet Althea and Dealla. The three of you will be living here from now on as this generation's saintesses". May dalawa pang mga batang babae siyang ipinakilala sa akin. Nagtaka naman ako sa sinabi niya.

"Saintess? Me?"

"Yes. Before anything else, why don't you clean up first, and I will explain later everything you needed to do." Sabi lang nung high priest, tsaka ako binuhat ng isa sa mga tauhan dito para paliguan.

Kahit na gulong-gulo ako sa mga nangyayari ay sumunod nalang ako. What can a mere four-year-old do in this situation? Tsaka libreng ligo dito. Alam ko naman na nandidiri kanina yung matandang pari sa akin kaya ako inutusan na paliguan. Arte lang?

After they tidied me up and made me look somewhat presentable, I was immediately escorted to the High Priest's study room, where the other two girls are also. And there, the high priest explained to us the situation.

In this kingdom where the church is influential, it is known that in every generation, the goddesses will send their representatives through prophecy. Generally, there should be only two representatives, like in previous generations. One from the goddess of healing and one from the goddess of protection.

Althea, the daughter of Count Lovett, is now a saintess of the goddess of healing, Zetia. She is currently six years old. On the other hand, Dealla, the daughter of Baron Digby, is five years old. She is the saintess of the goddess of protection, Zetia.

And there's me, Biance na halatang nasabit lang sa prophecy. Actually, the church was surprised when they received the oracle. It was the first time in history that there were three saints.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ire-react ko. Pero feeling ko saling-pusa lang ako. Who am I supposed to represent?

Either way, the church still has to take me since it was in the prophecy. After the high priest discussed a little bit of the history of being chosen as a saint, he told us everything we should learn.

So, on the first day, we toured around the church to get ourselves familiar with the new home we will be living in.

I guess this was a blessing for me since I don't have to think about the cold every night or food to eat. They gave me a personal room and a meal will be given.

That night, I slept pretty well. It was the first time I had a good night's sleep since I was reborn into this world. At 5 a.m., a servant woke me up for the morning prayer. I almost forgot that I am in church now, so this will be a new routine.

After the one-hour morning prayer comes breakfast. I ate breakfast with Althea and Dealla, who are adjusting like me. Right after we finished our meal, we were sent immediately to the study room.

All we did was study and pray. That routine went on for days, weeks, and months.

"I wanna go home..." Althea silently cried. "I don't want to stay here anymore," she added.

"Bianca, you should've told Priest Cosmos that I was the one who made the mistake. I should be the one who got punished." Dealla said, bandaging the wounds on my tiny arms whilst crying.

"It's fine, Dealla. Besides, your wounds haven't healed yet." I answered.

I thought living here in the church would've been better than living on the streets. Little did I know that this was the start of our hardships.

===>>> See you in the next chapter...