Chapter 15

Theodeus Larasil is a well-known name wherever you go. He was the youngest to become a cardinal at this age. I mean, I am one year older than him. He's the same age as Benjamin.

Well, that's just how great and close he is to the God of Life, Larasil. Nilaklak niya ata lahat ng divine powers noon nagsaboy ng blessings si Larasil. He has the strongest divine power in this generation.

I only met him once before, when he was still a priest. And our meetup for the first time wasn't great at all.

As he was raised in the temple by the pope, my reluctance to receive baptism, he saw me as ungrateful. I didn't really care how he saw me, but he was so forceful about his ideologies and beliefs that it annoyed me on so many levels.

Okay, I get it. You are a faithful follower of your God, but that doesn't mean I have to become one. Every person has different beliefs and perceptions. You don't have to force your own beliefs on me just because you are from the temple, and your doctrine is the most absolute in this world.

I did say that to him, and then the next thing that happened was not pretty at all.

A nine-year-old princess just punched an eight-year-old priest. It wasn't a great picture. But it was a great memory for me—not for him, but for me.

I remember Alexis having a hard time separating the two of us at that time. He didn't expect any of that to happen, but it was just a simple children's fight. But, of course, I was punished.

That was also the time he made the vow that he would make me a believer. That was some bullshit dedication.

But who knew that very young priest would become a cardinal by 19 years old?

~~~

"Figures that you won't be welcoming the cardinal." Napatingin ako kay Alexis na biglang sumulpot. Nandito kasi ako ngayon sa garden at nakahiga.

Ngayon kasi ang dating ng mga taga Holy Empire. Of course, it was a big deal since that famous cardinal was also arriving.

"Theo sent you a letter?" napansin niya yung letter na binigay sa akin ng bishop kahapon at hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko pa binubuksan. "You haven't opened yet?"

"I got a bad feeling that whatever's inside I wouldn't like it." Tinanggal ni Alexis yung unan ko tsaka siya doon naupo. Kaya tuloy nakaunan ako sa lap niya. I can feel the muscles.

"Should I open it for you?" tanong niya pero binuksan naman na niya. Nagtanong pa. Binuksan niya yung letter tsaka binasa. "You are right. This is just a trash."

"What does it say?" Binigay niya sa akin yung letter at pansin kong isang sentence lang at malalaking letters ang pagkakasulat.

"It's my victory this time." Basa ko.

"That brat!" Pinunit ko sa pira-piraso yung letter tsaka ko pinalipad sa hangin. It's all about my baptism all over again. Why are they so obsessed with me?