Summary

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of my imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© Heidi Mae Wahlberg 2023. All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced or used in any manner without the prior written permission of Heidi Wahlberg, except for the use of brief quotations in a book review or to promote the book.

Summary

Finding herself at rock bottom after a tough divorce, Kinsey Abbot is forced to rebuild her entire life from scratch. She returns home to Sweet Haven, Tennessee, to help her parents out with their apple orchard and farm.

As Kinsey settles in at home, she reflects on her past relationships with her two childhood best friends and teenage heartaches, Hunter Wilde, the one who never was, and Oliver Stone, who got away.

She thought those old feelings were long buried, but as she and Hunter bond over their respective failed marriages, she can't deny something is bubbling under the surface, and when Oliver makes an unexpected return to Sweet Haven, unresolved feelings complicate things even further.

Did Kinsey escape a failed marriage only to find herself back in the love triangle that nearly destroyed her as a teen?

*Quick note- if you read The Roots of Our Past first, the flashback chapters in this book will be chapters you read before, as this is a then-and-now book, and I wanted it to stand alone.  So, the chaps with past dates on them can be skimmed over or skipped if you read the first book.  They are shortened some. The later flashback chapters after the summer of 2001 are not in Roots, though. 

If you find yourself wanting most of her past story before you dive into this, Roots can be read first, or it can be read after to get a fuller picture of the past. (How I intended it) Roots does have chapters not featured in this book. 

But you don't need to read Roots to get the full story. Just a bonus book. 

Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlQ_UebBZEc0UzXnuxeHxR1wowz40Cm93&si=NAPs-DAy7AK9KO3P 

Here is the cover huge thanks to LNRoberts1 for the help!!