Chapter 45

Rexel

I felt suffocated, as if the very air particles I breathe stopped at the command of her voice. I could move my limbs and body, but the air around me was suffocating as if it had stopped flowing. I could feel myself slowly losing consciousness, "except you," and when she said that, I heaved a huge and deep breath as if only with her command were the air particles moving once again. Is this what they were talking about?

"What's this meeting for?" We were gathered early in the morning at the round table, I thought we could finally rest after the shenanigans of the survival and the demon attack but their serious faces as I entered through my favorite window speaks otherwise, katatapos lang ng isang problema mukhang may panibago na naman.

"About what happened at the clearing, when that earthling manifested her abilities," I looked at Jorgette with wide eyes, "So, she's a cosmo gerente after all?" None of them were as excited as I was, "If she did manifest her abilities, isn't that advantageous for us? That means the council has no grounds to dismiss the headmaster?" Riezl bit her lip and only shook her head in a disapproving way, "What?" I felt out of place, Jenny Mae, Wendell, and Pepper shared the same confused look as I do. After all, we weren't at the fight.

"Can you just stop the suspense and spill it already?"

"Well... I don't know how to spill it okay? I myself don't even understand what happened then," Duday said with a lace of fear in her eyes as if recalling the very experience was something that brings her a bad feeling, "When my abilities stopped at my very eyes... the fires burning so brightly yet powerless at the command of her words," what?

"Same! That was how I felt. It wasn't like she was controlling me... it was as if she was controlling my element. I could suddenly not feel the same connection I had. And I felt like I was falling in an endless abyss even though my feet could feel the ground beneath me."

"What the heck are you people talking about?" Jenny Mae finally spoke.

"That Mirakov, she's a controller." My eyes widened at the revelation, "A what?!"

"That's why mother told me to look after her," Pepper commented, napalingon ako sa kaniya. Her bedroom hair was distracting me and the rays of sunlight over her milky white skin made her look as if she's a goddess bathing in the morning sun, "You already knew?" Jorgette asked Pepper but she only shook her head slightly, "No, but when mother asked me about her I kind of suspected there's something to be concerned about her... I just..." Jorgette raised a brow at her hesitation, "I didn't fathom it would be this rare ability."

"Do we tell the headmaster?"

"We should, but I haven't confirmed yet if her abilities are really that of a controller or if it's something close, you know how abilities mutate over generations," Jorgette said.

"She's right, we shouldn't say something unless we're factually sure of our information, otherwise, her being a controller is going to cause some serious commotion," Yada replied.

Now that I've had a first hand taste of her abilities, I could finally relate to them that morning. The certain fear it evokes when my element is stopped. But how? Could she do this? I don't have much information nor ideas about controllers but I do know that it's a very powerful ability, as rare and as valuable as being a bender of light. If she really was a controller, then she's at par with the House of the Sun. Is that why she's been close with Prince Aidan these past few days? Does Aidan know? Is that why he is somehow protective of her?

"Come on?!" I didn't realize that the leather binding me was now removed, "You really are a controller..." I couldn't help but say but she only looked at me incredulously, "This is hardly the time to be amazed at my abilities, right?" She retorted to my earlier comment to her, "We have to escape?" I heaved a heavy sigh and focused on the task at hand. The two giant men interrogating us were attempting to move but they could only stand there as if they were a statue, "Let's go."