Chapter 21

MID - ASSESSMENT PART 6

In the field, the headmaster was alarmed as well as the rest of the council upon hearing the news that the barrier seal was penetrated by actual demons, "We need to order the knights to evacuate every student currently inside the contest area and secure the barrier of around the Academy," headmaster's voice was authoritative and calm despite the internal turmoil he's suppressing.

"How is this possible, General Alejandro?" Lady Merly of Tierra spoke alarmed at the sudden turn of events. This is the only time that such an event happened in the history of the Survival of the Eight, "If the barrier is weakened and demons can come and go, this means that the Gate may also have weakened which could put the whole Mirkovia in danger," Lady Eleanor said which paled the rest of the council, "What should we do? Submit a petition to the emperor to send a royal that will strengthen the barrier?"

"No need for the petition. His highness, the Crowned Prince is already here," the council members turned their heads at headmaster's information, but he paid them no attention, he instead turned to the staff, "Find his Highness, tell him it is an emergency, and call for the Knights to assemble at the ground immediately."

"Why is my nephew here, General?" standing up from his seat beside his wife, Lord Rodson XIV asked the headmaster.

"My apologies, Lord Duke but I cannot disclose the discretion of the royal prince to you even if he is your nephew. All I can say is that he was incognito while traveling in nearby villages and decided to stop by the Academy as a visiting alumnus," the headmaster politely declined which made the Lord Duke of Pyrea clench his jaw, but he returned to his seat, nonetheless.

After a few more agonizing minutes of people whispering here and there about what was happening, the knights came marching into the arena. The students' whispers grew even louder and anxious of what was happening in the competition, but they could only remain watching from the sides, "Headmaster."

The knights wore their complete armours with their weapons and swords in tacked, their black and white cloaks were swaying with the cold morning air of the arena and their ensemble of black and gold scaled 8-headed dragon in the middle of their breastplate shone as it was hit by morning rays. A man in the middle stepped forward and held his leather gauntlet covered hand, which immediately stopped the knights from marching, it was Davizar who was the second in command to Lady Jorgette. He then fisted his hands and held it against his left chest and bowed to the headmaster, to which everyone followed, "The barrier around the contest area inside the forbidden forest has been penetrated and there are demons lurking inside. All the students, including your Lady Jorgette, are in danger and you are tasked by this council to find each and every student inside, protect them at all costs and bring them back within the safety of the boundaries of the Academy. The crown prince shall secure the border of the academy and you are tasked to prove your identities before you can gain entrance back inside," the headmaster's instructions was clear and the knights bowed their heads once again in acknowledgement and that exact moment a man dressed in white cotton shirts, brown breeches, leather riding boots appeared on the stage. Upon seeing the crowned prince, the knight immediately fell onto their knees in respect. The rest of the council stood up from their seats as well and curtsied to the royalty and he nodded at them as acknowledgement. "At ease, Ranggo," the crown prince said, which immediately moved the knights like a wave standing up from the frontlines to the back into their guarded stance, "What is the emergency, General?"

"Unfortunately, there has been a mishap in the contest. The barrier was penetrated by real demons and the students are in danger," this made the crown prince heave an alarmed breath and his stance went rigid.