Chapter 48

"His Imperial Highness, Aidan Genesis of the House of Sun, Heir-Apparent to the Imperial Land of Mirkovia has arrived," the herald announced his arrival and after the latter has nodded, the Imperial Knights standing over the double doors of his father's throne room opened it wide, everyone in the session looked at his direction as Aidan in his aura befitting of a royal took careful strides inside the grandiose function hall.

The golden motif of the hall compliments their house well, its white marble floors and columns gleaming as the rays of sun enters the glass windows with intricate metal patterns of their house's symbol. Over the circular hall are familiar chairs of each council similar to the one in the academy, except here, the seats are only for the respective heads of each kingdom. Their flag hovers over the columns just behind their seats, and in the center is an elevated platform where the emperor's throne is. It's made of nothing but gold, said to have been forged by the Conqueror himself on the day he successfully unified the Land of Mirkovia. It's made of pure plasma solidified into a throne, but its heat is retained, and the only people who could come near it, let alone sit on it are the wielders of lights such as himself, his father, and the other Descendants of the House of Sun who inherited the same ability. This is said to be a protective measure because assassins might attempt to kill the Imperial families, so anything that comes in near contact to the throne could easily get burned alive or so. Aidan has never really understood this logic because he never felt the 'heat' that other people –especially servants, complain about, that whenever they serve the Emperor in his throne, they always get burned. Especially, the Emperor's most trusted Eunuch, who has burn scars all over his body, albeit hidden beneath his long sleeves. The evidence of such burns can be seen on his ears, side of his neck, and his fingers, as he leans beside the Emperor to whisper to him, or maybe report something, yet they continue to serve him with utmost loyalty.

"Kaló Apógevma, my Emperor and to the Royal Council," Aidan greeted with his right fist over his left chest, "I came to report something grave," with that, the Emperor dismissed his Eunuch to the side and gave his full attention to his son, "The investigative unit formed to gather information about the cheating amulet incident has come across an information that is of concern to this council. Upon our investigation of the smugglers who are selling cheating amulets are found to be rebels who call themselves The Deserters, led by the fallen from grace General, Horan of the Land of Tierra. He formed an army of rebels, gathered military supplies, and information of the weakness of our capital's defenses. There is a possible attack that might happen anytime," A few gasps of air from the members of the council was heard but none dared to cut me off, "In this regard, I would like to request your permission for me to dispatch the Golden Troops, to strengthen our borders and protect the Capital, to be led by General Horan, and myself."

The Emperor held his forehead over his thumb and pointing finger which indicates his concern for this information. He held a deep breath and regained his composure, "How confirmed is this intel?"

"It is a report gathered by the Lord Rexel of House Windchester himself in a reconnaissance mission. The Lady Jorgette received it via his familiar and General Horan supported this information through his own networks of intel who found out about the Deserters."

"You mean my son is in danger right now?!" Lady Therese, Rexel's mother exclaimed, "The Infinitus, led by Lady Jorgette, has already voyaged to rescue them," I immediately appeased her.

"If such information is true, then why the Golden Troops? Why not the Imperial troops to be dispatched to strengthen the barrier to be led by the Lord Rhodson, who is the minister of war after all," Lady Ladel of Aguas inquired so Aidan faced her and bowed her way before answering, "The whole investigation is still spearheaded by me, your ladyship. This is why both I and General Horan who has assisted me in this matter thought it best that I oversee the borders. After all, the attack may or may not happen, but strengthening our borders is a must."