Chapter 6

Mirakov

"Pl–ease s–stop," I whispered as tears rolled down my cheek.

"Yess! That's right, beg!" she ridiculously said with an evil laugh, as if my suffering brings her entertainment, "Beg controller, beg!" Slowly, I could feel my feet detaching from the ground. One moment I was drowning and then second, I saw myself running... Away madly from something. Finally, I could see the road.

Paika-ika akong tumawid, ngunit nasa kalagitnaan ako nang matamaan ako ng nakasisilaw na ilaw at isang malakas na busina ang umalingawngaw.

"AHHHH!!" Nagising akong kinakapos ang hininga sa pamilyar na bangungot na iyon. I sat on my bed and leaned on the bed's headrest. I heaved a heavy breath to calm my nerves. Hindi ko alam kung anong oras na pero madilim pa sa labas. Madaling araw pa siguro.

I started my morning routine and found myself indulging in the sweet scent of life at daybreak. Suot ang isang jogging pants at sweatshirt ay lumabas ako ng guest room na pansamantalang tinutuluyan habang wala pang available na dormitory.

Nag-ikot lang ako sa may hallway hanggang sa ground floor at nang may nakita akong maliit na bakal gate sa dulong bahagi ng gusali ay agad akong lumabas. I found myself in front of a huge open grassy field. My mouth went agape at the serene view. Wow...

Without thinking twice, I took my slippers off and ran across the open field just behind the building where I stay. The grass blades tickled my bare toe, and I could still feel the moisture due to morning dew. The sweet scent of blooming little flowers and soft caress of the wind against my skin, feels great.

I think I'm starting to like this school now. Kung paaralan nga ba ito, mas mukha kasi siyang makalumang gusali. Kind of like the Intramuros vibes with the brick walls and buildings. Napaka-scenic pa dahil maski sa veranda ng tinutuluyan kong kwarto ay puro forestry ang nakikita.

After being woken up by that same nightmare every night, I ran my heart out until I got exhausted and just lay my body on the field, with my hands and feet widely apart, not minding the dirt. Indulging in nature's finest and watching the sunrise. Nakatitig lang ako sa madilim pang langit, though the sun rays are starting to creep upwards from the horizon. Then, as the sun fully rises it ever so slowly envelops the world with warmness and dissipates all the dark things that it runs through, including my nightmare.

Ever so slowly, the voices, the cries, the weepings, and the despair that has haunted my dreams disappears... I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the warmth the dawn has to offer.

After a few minutes of indulging in nature, a three consecutive gong-like sound echoed through the halls and the field. What was that? It must be a signal for something. Agad akong bumangon matapos ang ikatlong pagkalampag sa gong at marahang nag pagpag ng mga dumi at maliliit na lupang kumapit sa aking balat.

Paalis na sana ako nang biglang, "Aray!"

"Fuck!" 

"Bloody hell!" sabay pa naming inda ng nakabangga ko saktong pagka-talikod ko ay naroon siya at tumama ang balikat niya sa noo ko. Dahil sa tangkad niya ay kinailangan kong tumingala. And as I did so, "My Apologies, my Lady. I am quite in a hurry," I think this man clad in a white cotton long sleeve, "My Lady?" pantaloon and hunting boots, "My Lady, if you'll excuse me and allow me to pass?" golden band across his well-built body and the familiar golden crest pinned on his upper left chest, "LADY! I SAID I NEED TO PASS!" has the most perfect lashes ever, "Huh?"

"I said I need to pass. Are you deaf or what? I know I am attractive but can you just fantasize about me later because I am in a hurry," saka dali-daling umalis nabangga pa akong muli ng bwisit na 'yun, aish!