Chapter 15

It was only 4 AM. Madilim ang kanyang silid pero naaninag na ni Mirakov ang itim na pigura na unti-unting naglalakad papalapit sa kanya. True to her words, Lady Yada did come at the exact same time as yesterday, "Hmm? Gising ka na pala. Buti naman hindi na kita kailangang gisingin," she said in an indifferent tone.

"I'm all set," Mirakov said and stood up from her bed, removing the blanket that covered her body and revealing herself already prepared outfit-wise for their so-called training. The two of them trailed along the familiar hallways towards the dead end corridor and Lady Elisha pushed a brick, and this time, Mirakov was able to brace herself for the familiar fall. This time medyo maayos na ang paglanding niya at hindi na kasing sakit at ka-nakakabigla tulad nung una.

There stood atop the elevated platform are the familiar people. Mirakov stood upright from her landing and dusted herself as Lady Elisha went to her fellow infinitus using her ability, "So, what now?" It sounded so wrong to ask that as if she was confident in this training although she knows she doesn't even stand a chance against their magical capabilities.

"This time, I will be the one you face."

"Lady Jennifer, If I remember correctly?" tanong ni Mirakov at marahang tango ang sinagot nito. The latter watched her go down from the platform with the help of Yada's ability and walk to her as if Aphrodite herself was gracing the earth with her presence, "This will not be combative, don't worry," may ngiti niyang saad na dahilan para magtaka naman ang huli.

Her smile was really beautiful, however it felt off to Mirakov when Lady Jennifer's smile did not waver for a few minutes and they just stood there looking at each other, "Why are you still smiling?"

"Are you not happy?" tanong rin ang sinagot niya sa tanong ng huli. Mirakov was unsure of how to respond because the way she said it was more like a statement than a question, as if she's telling her that she's not happy.

Mirakov's train of thoughts was cut off when she took a step towards her, "What do you mean? What are we doing?" What the hell? This is getting creepy, parang mas gusto ko pang hinahabol ng apoy na latigo o umiiwas ng water bomb kaysa ganito, she thought to herself when Lady Jennifer's smile widened with every step which gave her chills.

"What are you doing?" balik tanong niyang muli sa ni Mirakov, "What were you doing ...that night, at the pool area?" nanlaki ang mata ni Mirakov dahil sa tinuran niya, napalunok at tila nanigas sa kinatatayuan. Then everything started to fade in her mind.

Suddenly, Lady Jennifer wasn't there and she wasn't in that enclosed training ground anymore, and instead she was underwater, drowning.

"What were you doing when she died?" said a voice echoed inside her head. Hindi siya makalangoy dahil wala siyang lakas na tila ba lahat ng antisipasyon at paghahanda niya kagabi para sa training na 'to ay nawalan ng saysay, at hinayaan na lamang na lamunin siya ng tuluyan ng tubig hanggang sa unti-unti na siyang lumubog sa walang kasiguraduhang ilalim ng tubig. Hanggang sa wala na siyang maramdaman kung hindi ang malambot na hinihigaan.

Hinihigaan? The feeling of soft foam behind her made Mirakov open her eyes again. Sa pagkakataong ito ay wala na siya sa ilalim ng pool. Isang salamin ang sumalubong sa kanyang paningin nang imulat niyang muli ang mga mata at nakita sa repleksyon ang sarili. Nakasuot siya ng puting damit at nakahiga sa puting higaan.

Her eyes widened in fear, Anong ginagawa ko dito?! Mirakov banged her fisted hands against the glass, pleading with anyone to hear her pleas.

"Ilabas niyo ko dito! Hindi pa ako patay! Ilabas niyo ako dito!" She shouted on top of her lungs while banging the thick glass case of the coffin that she lay in. Suddenly, she saw a girl who stood beside her coffin and looked down at her. She found relief thinking that someone finally heard her calling for help, "Please? Tulungan mo ako... Ilabas mo ako dito hindi pa ako patay," she mouthed but the familiar looking girl only looked at her intently with a burning hateful gaze, The girl was mouthing something at Mirakov but she couldn't hear, and suddenly her veins turned black until it reached her eyes, "Beg.... controller beg."