Chapter 33

Mirakov 

Just like the previous days, Aidan and I spent hours on end searching the books about accounts on when a cosmo gerente manifested a controller ability, but it was hard because the accounts are sometimes inaccurate, unverified, and not credible. Some diaries are too subjective, and the accounts are unorganized like some people just rambled on and on in their diary after a traumatizing event or such. It was even harder to identify if it really was a controller's ability because the wielders are also quite similar in manifestation of powers, "How about this? It says he could control the sea creatures. He would go over the deck and call on fishes, whales, and even sharks and they would jump out and onto the water back and forth like they're playing, and the man would tell them to stop and they would swim away from the ship?"

"I'm not sure... I haven't heard of a controller that could control underwater creatures yet because how could they hear him from above the sea?" My shoulders dropped and fatigue from searching books and books on end was starting to get to me, "Let's call it a day?" Napatingin ako kay Aidan na nakatutok sa akin, unti-unti siyang lumapit sa likod ko at hinawakan ang magkabilang braso, "Is a crown prince seriously massaging a shoulder of a mere commoner?"

Umiling-iling naman siya, "Yes, so you better be a good subject to me when I get crowned."

"I'll clap the loudest when that happens," ani ko naman at lumingon sa kanya na nasa likuran ko pero masyadong malapit ang mukha namin sa isa't isa kaya agad kaming napa-atras, siya palayo sa akin at ako naman papunta sa lamesa dahilan para tumama ang paa ko sa gilid nito, "Fuck!"

"Language," aniya at inalalayan ako paupo sa malapit na upuan, tinanggal niya ang mga librong nakapatong doon at nilipat ito sa lamesa saka ako pinaupo sa red velvety cushion nito, "What's with you and cursing?"

"Because..." he bent down in front of me and started checking the part that's a bit bruising after hitting the hardwood, "that is inappropriate especially for a lady," he said and looked at me which caused the glowing golden debris from shining on his eyes and now that I think about it, the darker the place is, the more his golden brown eyes glows just like his ability to wield the light, "Is that misogyny, I'm hearing your highness?" I said in a mocking tone to distract myself from his mesmerizing eyes.

"No," he said a bit defensively with a scowl, "upholding propriety does not mean misogyny. Just because I call you out on your language does not mean I am looking down on women, in fact it is inappropriate for both men and women to curse."

"I understand your highness, my sincerest apologies for my inappropriate language," I replied in a teasing manner which caused him to scowl even more, "I think your bruise is gonna worsen, we have to check on a healer. I can go with you if you want?"

"That is an appropriate act of a gentleman to help a girl in need isn't it?" I teased again but he only tilted his head and raised a brow at me. Napangiti ako dahil napipikon na siya pero tumango na rin at agad na rin kaming umakyat pabalik sa main library at nagtungo sa healing department na pamilyar na rin sa akin dahil ilang linggo lang ang nakararaan ay nakaratay ako sa isa sa mga higaan dito matapos ang kahindik-hindik na 'training' kasama ng mga Infinitus.

"Mirakov, why are you back here –your highness," natigilan si Healer Jane nang makita kung sino ang susunod na pumasok sa likuran ko.

Healer Jane was holding in her excitement, giddiness, and shock while attending to my bruise. Kasalukuyan akong naka paupo sa isa sa mga naka-hilerang higaan ng pasyente at nasa gilid ko siya, kita ko ang halos pamumula ng kanyang mukha sa tuwing pasimple siyang sisilay kay Aidan na nakasandal sa healer's desk station sa aming harapan tapos mamumula nang tila kamatis. I raised a brow at Aidan who doesn't have any inkling of his effects on women, or maybe he does have an idea he's just so used to them that he doesn't care anymore. Napa-iling na lamang ako dahil sa kanyang kakatwang personalidad, na ultimo nakatayo lamang siya at seryosong nakatingin ay grabe ang epekto sa mga tao. Or maybe this is just the authority that a crowned prince like him has.