Chapter 32

Mirakov

"You were commendable there," nagulat ako sa bigla-biglang nagsalita galing sa aking likuran dahilan para dahan-dahan akong lumingon, "Speaking up in front of the Council elders like that was damned as demons courageous," dagdag pa niya.

Agad akong nag bigay-pugay at yumuko, "Your Highness," ani ko sa pinaka-pormal na paraan na aking nakayanan, "I said you can just call me Aidan," subalit nanatili akong estatwa sa aking pagka kayuko, "I understand you felt intimidated knowing about my position, but I'm still me? The guy who bumped and almost stepped on you before... I hope that my rank doesn't... change anything between our friendship," sincero niya namang saad kaya hindi ko na napigilang mapa-angat ng tingin sa kanya.

God, how I hate those golden brown captivating eyes, "Maybe when no one's around we can be casual?" I finally gave in and he softly smiled and nodded. Akmang magsasalita pa siya pero lumabas mula sa silid ang iba pang mga miyembro ng Infinitus, "Cousin! What are you two whispering about?" It was Lady Riezl who suddenly wrapped her hand around the Crowned Prince in a casual manner. She's his cousin? Nagpabalik-balik ang tingin ko sa napaka-magkaiba nilang itsura at gawi, kung anong ikina-kalmado ni Aidan ay siya namang ikina-ligalig at easy going ni Lady Riezl. The rest of the Infinitus were behind her and when I saw Lady Jorgette, I immediately bowed my head and curtsied, "I should go. I still have my classes," I said and immediately walked away.

Habang nasa daan pabalik sa room ay muling nagbalik sa akin ang sariling mga salita na tila ba hindi sila nanggaling sa sarili kong mga dila. Acceptance is easy, the hard part is maintaining my determination throughout all these endeavors, "I belong in this academy," is just a simple phrase but do I really have what it takes to survive all this chaos? Matapos kong sabihin iyon ay agad akong dinismiss ni Headmaster, "We'll conduct further deliberation and let you know of the results, Miss Mirakov. You may go back to your classes and await the decision of this Council." Wala akong ideya kung paano nila ipaaalam sa akin ang resulta ng pagpupulong nila, ang alam ko lang ay dapat akong maghintay na tila ba hindi rito nakasalalay ang buong kasagutan sa pagkatao ko at sa kinalaman ng pagkawala ng matalik kong kaibigan. I was caught in my head and didn't realize that I'd already arrived at our room, "Oh my god! Mirakov!" It was none other than the noisy tiny being also known as, "Veronica..."

"Where have you been, girl?! I've been dying for some details! How did you know the Prince? Did you meet him during the survival of the eight when he led the rescue team?! How did you first talk with each other?! Why was he carrying your books for you?! Oh my god! Oh my god!" Nawala sa isip ko ang mga kaganapan kagabi dahil sa summon ng council sa akin kanina. All I could do was open my mouth and close it again like a fish underwater –or more like, under the heavy gaze of scrutinizing eyes of my fellow classmates who are as curious as this little tiny gossipmonger in front of me, "W–wala bang professor?"

"Oh, yesterday was the last session. Today is the announcement of the mid-assessment results so we'll probably transition into the next semester by tomorrow. Is he really cold to his fianceé because he's still in love with his dead ex?" What? I was confused at Veronica's questions but before I could ask her further, "Results are now posted, and everyone is required to attend the evening assembly at dusk as post-assessment ceremony and sending off the Council elders." Knight Jefferson's familiar announcer clones came into our room and vanished like smoke after delivering his message. Everyone's attention immediately shifted from the juicy encounter last night to their ranking status and mid-assessment results, which saved me from the awkwardness of having to explain myself.

Nakahinga ako nang malalim nang nag silabasan sila agad sa aming silid papunta sa bulletin board kung nasaan nakapaskil ang mga announcement, except the persistent Veronica who only stood in front of me hands crossed over her chest and eyebrows raised as if patiently waiting for my answers, "No. I met him on my first day here on the field. I bumped into him accidentally and I didn't know he was a prince then, let alone a crowned one at that." Nanlaki ang mata niya –she's like a vulture who's now satisfied but instead of feasting on meat, she's feasting on my gossip.