Chapter 10

Dear Diary,
27, October 2011,
The next day when I came back from school, I went to the backyard to do some gardening. My tomatoes are ready to be pulled out so I was pulling them out from my mini garden. There were tomatoes and lemons only vegetables, that I planted and my sister planted a coriander. The lemons were still green so I didn't take them out but the tomatoes were red and juicy. I will wait probably for a few more days to pull the lemons out.

Then a thought came to my mind whether Zian liked gardening or not, would he do that, maybe not cause he is rich and he might have Gardener in his house.

I went inside my room and changed my school uniform and took a bath. I was watching Doremon, I wish I had Doremon then, everything would be so easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I ate dal chawal and in the evening I went to my coaching, there was a new guy who came into our coaching, he sat next to me, and he was quite a quiet person.

I asked him his name, he told me he is Abhiman, quite a good name, I commented him back. He looked very intelligent and whenever the teacher asked him, he always knew the answer.

--siya.

Dear Diary,
Days we're passing by Abhiman and I became good friends. Today Abhiman and I went to McDonald's after coaching, as it was quite close and within walking distance.

We were having our mc flurry when I saw Trisha and Zian they were also entering they didn't see me, so I asked Abhiman to go back home, cause I was not looking good, and was all sweaty, my hair was oily and I don't want to face him, like this.

It was Trisha's birthday coming soon, I want to gift her something special but don't know what, so I asked Abhiman to go with me to buy something for her.

The next day him & I went to Archie's and I was looking at different things when I saw a beautiful photo frame, I asked him if it looked beautiful and he said yes very beautiful, That's when I noticed Abhiman watching me. I became kind of nervous. I don't whom he said beautiful the frame or me, or if I'm thinking too much.
--Siya

Dear Diary,
It was Trisha's birthday but I got sick, I had a fever so I was not able to go, I felt so bad it was my best friend's birthday and I was not present there, When I told her about Abhiman, she told he definitely likes me.

I don't think so, we are just friends. The year was coming to an end I met Zian on Christmas Eve. As there was a Carnival and he was also there. Abhiman didn't come as he went to his grandma's place, when I asked him to come with me, as Trisha wanted to meet him in person, as she thinks we both like each other and is a bit shy to confess it.

Trisha went to buy a cotton candy for herself, and so it was only Zian and I alone, it was just the two of us, It was kind of awkward. My mind preoccupied with thoughts of Zian. I was so lost in my daydreams that I didn't even notice the boy in front of me, the one who was about to spill his water all over me.

But just as he raised the cup to his lips, I felt a strong hand grab my shoulder and pull me back.  I stumbled, but then I felt another hand on my other shoulder, steadying me.

I looked up and saw Zian standing in front of me, his eyes blazing with anger. He glared at the boy who had almost spilled water on me, making the other boy shrink back in fear.

"Watch where you're going," Zian growled, his voice low and menacing. "Or I'll make sure you regret it." his voice gave me chills.

The boy mumbled an apology and scurried away, leaving me and Zian alone. I looked up at him, feeling my heart pounding in my chest. I had never seen him so angry before, and the sight of him defending me made my heart skip a beat.