Chapter 42

Siya's pov:

I was sitting in the living room, watching my two-year-old son play with his toys. He had been babbling away, making all sorts of sounds and noises, but he hadn't said any real words yet.

I looked up as he toddled over to me, holding out a toy for me to see. "Mumma!" he said, his voice high and sweet.

My heart swelled with pride as I realized what he had just said. "Did you just say 'Mumma'?"I asked, my voice filled with excitement.

He looked up at me, his eyes bright with happiness. "Mumma!" he said again, his voice ringing out loud and clear.

I scooped him up into my arms, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. "Oh, my sweet boy," I said, hugging him tightly. "You said 'Mumma'! I'm so proud of you!"

He giggled, squirming in my arms, and I couldn't help but laugh along with him. I hugged him tightly, feeling a sense of joy and love that I had never experienced before.

As I held him close, I realized that this was just the beginning of a lifetime of moments like this. Moments of pride, joy, and love that would fill my heart to bursting and I Know that I would treasure each and every one of them, for the rest of my life.

Dadi sat on the living room sofa, her gentle hands knitting away at a scarf. Vihaan sat at her feet, playing with his toys and babbling away in his own language.

She looked down at him with a smile, her eyes sparkling with love. "What are you playing with, little one?" she asked, her voice soft and kind.

He looked up at her, his eyes wide with wonder. "Truck!" he said, holding up a small toy truck for her to see.

"A truck!" she said, her voice filled with delight. "That's a wonderful toy. Do you like playing with trucks?"

He nodded, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "Truck! Vroom, vroom!" he said, making engine noises as he pushed the truck along the floor.

She laughed, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "You're quite the little driver, aren't you?" she said, her voice filled with affection.

He grinned up at her, his eyes shining with happiness. "Mama!" he said suddenly, pointing over me.

She looked over at me, her eyes filled with warmth. "Yes, that's your mama," she said, nodding her head. "She loves you very much."

He smiled, his eyes crinkling up at the corners. "Mama!" he said again, reaching out his arms for me.

I walked over to them, scooping him up into your arms. "Hey there, little guy," I said, kissing his forehead. "Are you having fun with Grandma?"

He nodded, his eyes bright with happiness. "Truck!" he said, holding up his toy for me to see.

I laughed, shaking my head. "You're quite the little driver, aren't you?" I said, looking over at my grandmother-in-law with a smile.

She smiled back at me, her eyes filled with love. "He's a wonderful little boy," she said, her voice soft and kind. "I'm so glad I get to spend time with him." I smiled at her.

***

Vihaan was wide awake, his eyes shining with energy as he squirmed around in his crib. I had tried everything to get him to sleep - reading stories, singing lullabies, and even giving him a warm bath - but nothing seemed to work. He was in no mood to sleep in his crib, and he made that very clear.

Zian and I were exhausted, but I know I couldn't leave my son alone in his crib all night. So, I decided to take a risk and let him sleep in between us on the bed.