Chapter 44

Siya's pov:

The restaurant was bustling with activity as the hostess led us to our table. I was nine months pregnant and feeling quite uncomfortable, but I was determined to enjoy a nice lunch with my husband and three-year-old son before the baby arrived.

Our son was excited to be at the restaurant and was eager to look at the menu. He was a picky eater, but we were hopeful that he would find something he liked.

As we waited for our food, I tried to relax and enjoy the ambience of the restaurant. The music was soft and soothing, and the decor was elegant and sophisticated.

We were having our lunch and it was tasting so good,  "Vihaan, why are you having only soup, eat veggies too," I said to him while he didn't listen to me.

"Siya I'm coming from the washroom," Zian said and went to the washroom, vihaan was playing with his aeroplane out of nowhere my eyes landed on the person whom I didn't imagine seeing here, my best friend Trisha and our eyes met with each other she came towards me.

Flashback ends, the year 2023

"Is it really you?" I asked.

Trisha nodded, a huge smile spreading across their face. "It's really me," she said. "I can't believe it's been four years."

We hugged each other tightly, both of us laughing and crying at the same time. It felt like no time had passed at all, and yet so much had changed. As we hugged each other, I noticed my son Vihaan peeking out from behind my legs.

"Who's this little guy?" Trisha asked.

"He.. He is my son," I replied, beaming with pride and fear was all over me now.

My son was shy at first, but soon warmed up to my best friend. They started playing together, and it was clear that Trisha was great with kids.

We sat on our table only, Trisha asked me if I had any other news to share, pointing towards my baby bump. I hesitated for a moment, but then I thought she has seen my baby bump and decided to tell her.

"I'm pregnant again," I said, placing my hand on my baby bump. Trisha's eyes widened in surprise, but she quickly recovered and congratulated me.

As we talked, I realized how much I had missed my Trisha. She had always been there for me, through thick and thin, and I had never appreciated it as much as I did now.

I know that no matter what happened in the future,  Trisha would always be there for me. And I would always be there for her. Looking at her all my childhood memories flashed in my mind.

Trisha was fascinated by my son, Vihaan and kept asking him questions about his favourite things.

Trisha turned to me and said, "You know, I always thought you'd be a great mom. And now that I see you with your son, I know I was right."
I felt a lump in my throat as I thanked Trisha for het kind words. It was so good to be with them again, and to share this special moment in my life with them.

"By the way, who is your husband," Trisha asked me, I froze, not sure what to do. And in front of me I saw my husband Zian he came towards my side,  and faced Trisha.

"I.." I wanted to disappear into thin air. I couldn't blame myself - this was a situation no one wants to be in. One side is my husband and the other side my best friend.

"His name is Zian Deshmukh. We've been married for four years now, with one son and expecting our second baby" Zian said and held my hand and kissed my hand.

Trisha's eyes widened in shock, and I could tell she was struggling to process what Zian had just said.

(Trisha be like tere Dm Nhi aya toh tune sidha mandap per bula liya)