Chapter 2:Old Faces New Surprises(Part 3)

After Ozpin was done with his speech, each of the guys thought that his speech seemed weird. They then were shown to the ballroom, where they will be sleeping for the night, before initiation tomorrow. As they were near the ballroom, they were stopped by Professor Goodwitch.

Goodwitch: "Not you four. The headmaster would like a word with you four boys."

Ruby and Yang shot a glare at Percy, which he replies by holding his hands up.

Percy: "Don't look at me I did nothing."

Ruby: "You're a bad liar."

Percy: "Yeah yeah."

Yang: "Well, I guess we'll meet you four back here in a bit?"

Ranger: "Yeah, I guess so."

Ruby: "Ok, see you guys tonight!"

The two girls then walked into the ballroom. As for the guys, they followed Goodwitch to the elevator. As they all got on, Goodwitch pressed the top button on the panel. Then the elevator went up. To break the awkward silence during the lift, Ranger was the first to speak.

Ranger: "If we get in trouble, blame it on the brain."

The other three were aware he was talking about Seth. And he just shot a quick glare at Ranger.

The elevator dinged, which ment they made it to the floor. But instead of it being a hallway, it was a basic arena room, with gears moving under glass on the floor, even on the ceiling. And in the fair center of the room, sat a desk. In front of it, four chairs. And behind it, sat Headmaster Ozpin, sipping what seemed to be tea, because it was to late for coffee.

Ozpin: "Gentlemen. I'm glad you could make it, and I do apologize for the late talk with you four. But please, have a seat."

The four boys all looked at each other, and then they took a seat. And Ozpin then pulled out four mugs with different tea flavors. He then gives each drink to a boy, surprisingly their favorite flavor of tea.
He first gave a cup to Seth.

Ozpin: "Unsweet."

Seth just had concerned eyes and looked at the drink before taking a sip. He looks at the other three and nods, which meant that the headmaster can be trusted. He then gave another mug to Percy.

Ozpin: "Green."

Then to Ranger.

Ozpin: "Sweet."

Then he gave the obvious of teas, as it was still steaming hot, to Kai.

Ozpin: "And finally, hot."

Ranger: "Ok, that's cool and all. But how do ya know our favorite flavors?"

Ozpin: "I have my ways. It might be best if you don't ask."

He then chuckled a bit.

Ozpin: "Now, I have called you four here for a reason. It would seem that you lot were originally set to go to Haven over in Mistral. But you chose Beacon. Why is that?"

Percy took a sip of his tea, before answering the question.

Percy: "Well, to be honest. We really were just following footsteps."

Ozpin: "Oh, and whose footsteps would you be preffering to?"

Then the three looked at their brains and they gave him a nod to answer.

Seth: "Team STRQ. They were said to be the best team of huntsmen in their days."

Ozpin sighed and chuckled.

Ozpin: "So even through their struggles nowadays, they still made an impact on some youths."

They all nodded to his statement.

Ozpin: "Now boys, I've looked at your records, and it would seem you've had me surprised. Dealing with basic robberies would have been good enough for your age, but you busted drug lords, took down multiple Grimm packs that even an army of huntsmen in training would struggle with, and you work well already as a team."

Kai: "Aw, you're making me blush."

Percy rolled his eyes and smiled at Kai's response.

Percy: "So what exactly are you saying?"

Ozpin: "I want to give you four a chance, to show me if the records are true. Which is why you will not be doing the initiation tomorrow. Because you will do it...

tonight."

SPRK: "Tonight?!"

Ranger: "But we don't have time to get ready. And we don't even know where out stuff is now."

Ozpin: "Actually, I took the liberty of having your gear be sent up here."

He then points his cane to four lockers to the wall away from them.

Ozpin: "You four will get situated up here as me and Professor Goodwitch get everything set up for you four."

He got up from his seat and walked over to the elevator door, and Goodwitch followed him. As they got in the elevator and pressed the main floor button, Ozpin then told them before the door closed.

Ozpin: "Oh, and don't keep us waiting."

The elevator then went down. The four boys walked over to their lockers and open them up to find their weapons.

Seth: "So, he seems..."

Ranger: "Mysterious?"

Percy: "Yeah, I was thinking that to."

Seth: "I guess that's how he rolls."

He said as he got his weaponized card deck.
The other three followed suite and grabbed their weapons, and walked to the elevator to go to the lower levels.

The elevator door opened, and they walked across the hallway to the exit of the building. They walked out to find Ozpin and Goodwitch, holding a tablet, standing in front of the statue near the entrance of the school.

Ozpin: "Now that we have you four here, are you ready to prove to us that you four are more than what printed words say you are?"

Seth then looked at the other three with a, "let's do the corny catchphrase you guys hate," look and the all had a defeated look. But accepted it.

Seth: "Whether life or death,"

Percy: "We'll make our mark."

Ranger: "Watch out world,

Kai: "Here comes..."

SPRK: "Team SPRK!"

Goodwitch sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose with her index finger and thumb. Meanwhile Ozpin laughs.

Ozpin: "I'll take that as a yes then."

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and the horrid catchphrase I made for the team.
Stay toasty Fireballs, 4ho3nix Out!!