Chapter 10: Truths Can't Be Handled

We see some of our heroes in class, after the aftermath of the "Cardin Beatdown" during lunch. Percy, Kai, Blake, Weiss, Jaune, and Pyrha are all in the same class together. Even Cardin, who held an ice pack over his head, but he tried to play it off like it was nothing. The class was History with Prof. Oobleck. They were all wondering if it was his semblance that made him move quickly, or his addiction to his caffinated coffee. Kai and Percy sat the the right of Blake and Pyrha, Weiss sat a row above them, while Jaune was siting a section away from them, below Cardin, taking a nap and snoring in the process. Oobleck was in the middle of a lecture on the Faunus Rights Revolution.

Oobleck: "Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie."

He then sips his drink, before zooming to the front of his desk and grabs his teaching stick.

Oobleck: "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events!"

Percy and Kai nodded at that fact and whispered to each other.

P,K: "Hear ye."

They then turn their attention back to Oobleck, as he ran around the room.

Oobleck: "Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

A total of two hands was raised, including Velvets, who was unaware of the two boys. Percy looked a bit worried as he rubbed the side of his arm as if he was missing something. Blake saw this and looked concerned for him. He then shook his head, and held his hand up proud of the mistakes of the past to mold him into what he was.

Oobleck: "You too Mr. Donegan? With someone of your appeal I thought you would've been untouchable."

Percy: "Well, I wouldn't be where I am today without a reason."

He then looked at his arms. Kai gave rubbed his back to comfort him, as he knew why he was rubbing his arms.

Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!"

Percy and Kai the shot glares at Cardin, who wasn't even paying attention to Oobleck.

Oobleck: "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang!"

He then ran across to the other side of the room.

Oobleck: "Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?"

Weiss then raises her hand quickly.

Oobleck: "Yes?"

Weiss: "The Battle of Fort Castle!"

Oobleck: "Precisely! And who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Cardin had just finished making a paper football and flicked it to hit the back of Jaunes head. He then woke up and turned his head to look at Cardin.

Jaune: "Hey!"

Oobleck: "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to this class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?"

Kai then rubbed the bridge of his nose at the though of knowing Jaune wasn't listening. Percy then leaned over to the girls.

Percy(Whispering): "Should we help him?"

Pyrha(Whispering): "It seems like we should."

Jaune: "Uhhh...The answer...The advantage...of the Faunus...had over that guy's stuff..."