Chapter 16: Fire

Ranger was walking to the docks, because something inside of him told him that it's about to go down. He was walking their with one thought on his mind.

Ranger: "I will, protect them."

He stopped at an area of the docks where a crane was lifting a shipping container. He looked at it and examined something hanging off of it. He squinted his eyes and looked at it closer, and his eyes widened when he saw it clearly. And it was a sight he didn't want to see.

Ranger: "Pyrha!"

She was hanging by a chain wrapped around her unconscious body.

Rook: "Ms. Nikos here certainly knows how to take punishment."

Ranger looked up to see Rook sitting on the edge of the shipping container.

Rook: "Just like I know how to deal it out."

Ranger took both of his guns out of the holsters and turned them into knives.

Ranger: "You monster! What're you after?!"

Rook then stood up and walked over to the dangling Pyrha.

Rook: "Why do you go to Beacon? To be a Hunstman in training huh? Seems like these days, everyone wants to be one."

He then telports to stand upside down in the air next to Pyrha.

Rook: "Even the young lady here. When I nabbed her, she told me all about them. What heroes like that can do. How could I not want to be one?"

Ranger: "Well, you'll find people are picky about who they can trust. And get away from her! It's me you want. Leave her out of it."

Rook then scoffed and teleported to stand away from Ranger.

Rook: "If I heard her right, you're what they call Professional Huntsman material."

Ranger then stood in a fighting stance.

Rook: "So if I defeat you again, that makes me the real hunter, if you catch my drift. Not the most polite way to go about it."

He then summoned one arrowgun and held it up pointing at Ranger.

Rook: "But what can you do?"

Rook gave Ranger a smug grin. Ranger the ran at Rook, but he took a few steps back with his weapon aimed at Pyrha. Which stopped Ranger.

Rook: "Ah-ah, one more step and the girl goes down like a piñata at birthday. You think I'm gonna fight fair? As if!"

Ranger: "Dirty prick!"

~SCENE CHANGE~

Seth, Percy and Kai were seen walking down the city.

Seth: "I guess he was hung up on that loss."

Percy: "Either way, we gotta find him. And maybe Pyrha too."

Jaune: "And that's why we're coming with you."

The three boys stopped and turned around to see Jaune, Nora and Ren following them.

Kai: "Guys, we're already out here. You don't need to-"

Jaune: "You guys have done all the heavy lifting these few months. And it took a heavy price on y'all."

Nora: "Yeah. And Pyrhas our teammate. So whatever happens to here, we're bound to get dragged along with her."

Ren: "And it would seem fitting if we returned the favor and assist you four."

Seth sighed and chuckled to himself before holding out his hand infront of Jaune. He shook his hand.