Chapter 12: Discoveries, Old and New

We see our heroes walking through the streets of Vale, where everything seems festive. With balloons hanging from the top of buildings, and flags connecting from street lamp to street lamp. Then they see Old Man Shopkeep pulling a rope that lifts a banner that says "WELCOME to VALE!"
Weiss, surprisingly, looks the most excited out of all of them.

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!"

Ruby: "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out."

Kai: "Yeah, it's scary even."

Weiss: "How could you 'not' smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, and a tournament!"

Percy: "And all the treats I can devour.."

He then daydreams the different foods he can eat, like funnel cakes, cotton candy, chocolate dipped ice cream. He then drools a bit at the thought of it. Weiss and Blake looked at him concerned, while the others just laugh. He then snapped back to reality, and wiped the drool off of his mouth.

Weiss: "As I was saying. The amount of planing and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking."

Kai: "Well now I know one thing to make you smile about. And it's not even my being dumb."

Weiss: "Hehe, well that's all the time."

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Weiss: "Quiet you!"

Ranger then mockingly laughed at Yang in a high pitched tone.

Ranger: "Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh."

Yang smacked the back of his head causing his hat to come off. He kneeled down and grabbed it. He looked up to see Yang standing above him. She then smirked.

Yang: "Slow down buddy. You didn't even buy me dinner yet~."

Ranger then got up quickly and put his hat back on with a red face.

Ranger: "Oh. I'm getting back at you for this."

He then walked away, while Yang stuck her tongue out at him and caught back up with them.

Seth: "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the docks?"

Yang: "Thank you!"

Ruby: "Ugh, they smell like fish."

Percy: "Hey!"

Ruby: "Oops. Sorry Percy."

Weiss: "I've heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to his fine kingdom."

Blake: "She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament."

Seth: "Well it's good to know I'm not the only one with that mindset."

Weiss: "Ah! You can't prove that. And you already have an advantage. You can just look at them and see the next move they make."

Seth: "Yeah that's true. But it doesn't hurt to be extra prepared."

Ruby then turned her attention to a crime scene.

Ruby: "Woah."

They all then walked to the scene. It was a Dust Shop that had broken down doors and a broken window both covered in yellow tape, and yellow tape surrounding the area where all the glass shards had fallen. They see two police officers inspecting the scene of the crime.