Chapter 9: Bullies. Ugh, Who Likes Them

We see our heros in the cafeteria, enjoying their lunch break at school. The boys are talking to each other, as well as their other friends. Nora, who was mad at the results from the "fun day", continued to bug Seth for who actually won.

Nora: "But who should be decided the winners?! You can't leave a challenge off at a tie!"

Seth: "Well, the race was the finisher. And nothing else was planned after that. So, sorry I guess."

She the started to playfully hit his head with her fist.

Nora: "So much for being the so called 'The Smartest S.' You can't even think of a tiebreaker."

He just turns red a bit. Then turns his head, but doesn't tell Nora to stop. Ren looked at Nora "abusing" Seth, and just shrugged and continued to eat. She stopped and put her hands on the table.

Nora: "Now, where was I?"

She interrupted her own story just to tell Seth something unimportant.

Nora: "So...There we were, in the middle of the night."

Ren: "It was day."

Nora: "We were surrounded by Ursai."

Ren: "They were Beowolfs."

Meanwhile, Percy and Blake never paid attention. As they were reading a book that Blake brought with her.

Blake: "I never thought you were the reading type."

Percy: "Eh, it happens when Im bored."

Blake chuckles a little then goes back to reading with him. Then they were interrupted by Nora slamming her hands on the table exclaiming part of her story.

Nora: "DOZENS OF 'EM!"

Ren: "Two of 'em."

Jaune looked down sad at his food and played with it. Not caring for any of the conversations happening. Ranger and Kai looked at him concerned.

Ranger: "Jaune, you ok, partner?"

Kai: "Yea dude, you barely even ate your food."

Jaune: "Uh? Oh! Yeah, why?"

Ruby: "It's just that you seem a little..."

Kai: "Not okay."

Everyone then looked at him concerned.

Jaune: "Eh, guys, I'm fine. Seriously look..."

He then laughs nervously. He then turned his attention to Cardin Winchester and his team mocking the rabbit faunus, Velvet Scarletina. Kai and Ranger then turned their attention to the bullies and scoffed.

Kai: "People like them disgust me."

Ranger: "So that's why you're upset?"

Pyrha: "Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school."

Jaune: "Who? Cardin Winchester?"

Ranger: "Who else?"

Jaune: "Nah...he just likes to mess around you know, practical jokes."

Percy: "He's a bully."

Jaune: "Oh please. Name one time he's 'bullied' me."

Seth: "Gladly. What about that time he smacked your books out of your hands on purpose?"

Ranger: "Or the time he activated your shield in the doorway? Which by the way, took me and Perc' thirty minutes to pull out."

Kai: "And let's not forget..."