[ 9 ]

The following week Juho, Su-æ- Eunhyoek, and I met up at a cafe to finish up our project.

"I think we can submit the report after just adjust the format. I'll finalize the PPT and share it with you. And we'll all prepare four our presentation parts separately. I'll put this away." Eunhyoek explained.

"Thanks." Juho replied.

"Okay." Su-æ said and I just nodded.

"Huh? Isn't that our music teacher?" Juho asked making Su-æ and I looked at the window.

"What?" Su-æ asked.

"It is it's Ms. Juhui. Who's that with her? Her boyfriend?" Juho asked.

"She's with someone?" I asked disinterested. I paid closer attention and I realized I knew the guy from somewhere. I just couldn't put my finger on from where.

"Nah. He's too old to be her boyfriend." Juho said. And then I finally realized where I knew him from...it was Eunhyoek's dad.

"You got everything?" Eunhyoek asked. "Let's go then." Su-æ and Juho walked with him and I stood in place.

"Hey Eunhyoek." I said pulling him back.

"I-Ill get going first. Have fun...!" Juho said.

"Yeah I'mma go too." Su-æ said following Juho.

"Let's get ice cream...please I'll pay." I said still holding onto the back of his hoodie.

"Alright only cause you're paying." I smiled at him and we walked to the register and got ice cream. We walked out eating ice cream when I spotted Eunhyoek's dad and Ms Juhui walking past us.

"Let's go to the mall there's this place I've been dying to check out come on." I grabbed his hand and dragged him with me to the mall.

"If you keep holding my hand I won't be able to eat my ice cream." He said as soon as we reached the mall.

"You could have said that awhile ago you know." I said letting go of his hand.

"Yeah but you seemed real happy about going to the mall didn't wanna ruin it."

"Come on then." I said walking in and looking for the store I wanted to go to. "Oh my god Eunhyoek they have earrings." I said handing him my ice cream and grabbing a pair of star earrings.

"Of course they do...it's a jewelry store."

"Right...anyways. Oooh this is nice." I said picking up a silver ring with a moon engraved on it. "What do you think?" I asked showing him the ring. He took it from my hand and looked at it.

"It's nice." He said still looking at it. I noticed his hands were empty and looked around.

"Where's my ice cream?" I asked as he handed me back the ring.

"I threw it away...it melted and got all over my hands." He said looking at the table with rings on it. I shook my head and tried on the ring.

"It really does look nice." I said scanning the ring on my hand.

"It really does." He said grabbing my hand and looking at it. I quickly took my hand back and looked at the ring table again.

"Here try it." I said handing him the same one just bigger. He grabbed it from my hand and tried it on.

I put the ring from my finger back on the table and check out a pair of earrings. I picked out two earrings one pair was hoop with a smiley face chain at the end and the other was another pair of hoop earrings but with a saturn charm.

"Is that what you're gonna get?" Eunhyoek asked leaning over my shoulder.

"Yeah I think so they're really cute." I said showing them to him. He smiled at me and grabbed they both out of my hand before walking over to the register.

"Hey what are you doing I can pay for my own things." I said as soon as I rushed over to him.

"Itz alright I got it...plus my dad might or might not know," he said looking through his bag and pulling out a card. "That I've got one of his credit cards." He said flashing me a smile before putting everything down on the register.

"Eunhyoek you don't have to do that." I said trying to hand over my card. He just grabbed it and paid with his dad's, before handing me bag with what I got and my card.

"It's alright honestly, my thank you for trying to hide what my dad was doing. But I already knew, you didn't have to go through all that to protect me from it." He said walking towards the exit of the store.

"They why'd you make me make a fool out of myself?" I questioned walking after him.

"It made you seem happy, you trying to help me not 'figure it out' but thank you for trying." He said as we walked out of the mall.

"Oh...I didn't know."

"Thank you for trying though honestly it meant a lot to me." He said turning around and grabbing my hands. "I'll see you later." He said before turning around and walking off. I opened my hand and saw the ring I was looking at earlier.

Shocked I looked up and he was walking backwards showing off his hand with a silver band around his ring finger, flashing me a smiling before turning around. I looked down at the ring and smiled at it before putting it on my ring finger.

"Matching rings." I muttered to myself before turning around and heading home. Looking at the ring every now and then when I walked.