Chapter 6

In the Stadium..: General Pov.

Both teams step onto the field, ready to begin their training, the nerves building up inside of them as people begin to file in to the stadium. Swarms of gooners swamp the stands however there are very few Barcelona supports, which makes sense, seen as they are so far from home. Red and blue scatter the pitch as ball after ball switch between feet as passes and shots are made, warming up each player. The comfortable quiet is broken when a crackled speaker begins to echo around the "stands" Welcome to the game, one of the most important of the competition.. ARSENAL VS BARCELONA! Cheers and celebration erupts in the stands as fans look onto the pitch in awe at the people they support. Starting line up for arsenal:  Zinsberger in goal, Wubben-Moy, Beattie and Rafaelle in defence. Maritz, Pelova, Maanum and McCabe in Midfield, Kuhl and Foord on wings and Blackstenius leading as the forward. After every player is announced, the fans cheer excitedly, every face lit up and gleaming as, happiness practically dripping off of them as the sun blares down. Starting line up for Barcelona: Panos in goal, Crnogorcevic, Leon, Paredes and Bronze in Defence. Quijarro, Walsh, Bonmati in Midfield and Caldentey, Oshoala and Geyse upfront. There's fewer cheers now but still there are some. "Entrenador. ¿Pensé que empezaba hoy?" (Uhm, Coach. I thought i was starting today?)

"Lo siento y/n, pero no creo que sea prudente jugar contigo mientras McCabe está, conociendo tu pasado." (Im sorry, but I didnt think it was wise to play you while McCabe is on, knowing your past)

"Pero-"(But)

"sin peros. Veremos si sigues cuando McCabe se apague. Pero hasta entonces, te sentarás y observarás como un buen espectador." (no buts. We'll see if you go on when McCabe goes off. But until then, you'll sit and watch like a good spectator.)

"Bien. De acuerdo. Como quieras." (Right, okay. Whatever.) Y/n rolls her eyes and sits down on the bench, unable to argue her case anymore. She watches as her team train, following the ball with her eyes as she's so well trained to do so. Her eyes, however well trained they are to stay focused, flick towards the other team, hovering over every player until she spots the one she's looking for. Katie McCabe. She thought. Lovely to see you again. She rolled her eyes once more. Before getting up off the bench.  "¿adónde vas?" (Where are you going?)

"El baño. ¿Te parece bien?" (The bathroom, that alright with you.) she responds a harsh snapping tone in her voice. "Date prisa. Te lo advierto. Nada de bromas." (Be Quick. Im warning you. No funny Business.) and with that, y/n storms off through the stands through the tunnel towards the training room. She doesn't go to the bathroom, god, no. But what better excuse was there? However, she went over to the sink and splashed some water on her face, feebly attempting to calm down both nerves and anger with a couple of droplets of cool liquid. Sitting herself down in one of the cubby's, she allows her mind to wander. 

Flashback.. 3 years previous..: General Pov

A young, baby faced y/n , aged 19 steps onto the pitch in her first game playing for a senior Chelsea. She shakes her arms, trying to dislodge the uncomfortable nerves from her shoulders. "Substitution for Chelsea - Number 11 Guro Reiten coming off, number 4 y/n y/l/n coming on, making her debut for Chelsea this evening." Gameplay restarts once more, a throw in taken by Magdalena Eriksson. Passed right to y/n's feet in an attempt to get a run towards the other teams goal however she over steps and runs over her ankle as someone nudges her a bit too hard from behind. She slips and makes a desperate attempt to keep the ball at her feet, unwilling to disappoint her  team so early on in her career. She's quick, though, and on her feet in a matter of seconds, chasing after the culprit who made her fall. Number 15.. Katie McCabe. A talented 22 year old whose quick with the ball and known for her strong tackles and excessive shoulder barges. Katie is effortlessly composed on the ball, not even giving a second glance at the fallen player and shoots off towards Ann-Katrin Berger in goal. However her shot is missed and shes running back towards her half once more. 

Couple minutes later and y/n is on the ball once more, making a brilliant run through the Arsenal defence when suddenly shes on the floor again. But this time, she doesn't let it go. Shes back on her feet even quicker than she was before, chasing after the number 15 and giving a harsh, but fair, tackle, resuming her brilliant run. Katie, still on the floor, twists her feet and trips her up. "WHAT THE FUCKS YOUR PROBLEM!" y/n yells, glaring right into the Irish players eyes. "Respect your elders, kid." Katie glares back, maintaining eye contact. McCabe is first back on her feet and the new Chelsea kid is not far behind, but before she can make it all the way back up, a harsh, rough shove against her shoulders knocks the wind out of her as she hits the floor again. Nothing could erase the memory of the ice in her gaze. A yellow is quick to be given and y/n is helped to her feet.

However, that wasn't the last time y/n had to deal with Katie's ice cold personality. Couple months later, they're back against each other. Each tackle done against each other more rough than the one before. Again and again they would meet, no matter whether it was club or country, they both ended up in a heap of limbs on the floor. Rumours circulated in an attempt to discover where the long lasting hatred began, but the true reason was never discovered. That reason being, they had no idea themselves.

(Woo! The longest chapter yet! As promised, the next chapter is here and it is longer than the ones before. I thing the chapters will remain quite long while the game is going on, but might cool down afterwards because I have school and football myself. But, please leave a comment on the work of something I could to better, something you would like to see or another player you would like to read a story about! Love yaa <3)