Chapter 17

I don't think I'm exactly certain about where I'm going, for my mind is being swarmed by worry and regret. I've been searching for ages, looking in every nook and cranny of the large warehouse-stadium the media day is being held at and, as well as trying to hide from Katie, I'm also running rings around my feelings in my head. The rings, no matter how circular, ended up in one point. The words Katie had uttered as an excuse for her excuse. "I still don't get what's confusing about an enemies to lovers?"
Finally, after over an hour of looking, I find Lucy and Kiera sat together, apparently on a break.
"Y/n. That's fucked up." Kei says. That's the glint of hope that suggested Lucy hadn't told, drifting away.
"No, I swear she's not my girlfriend! It was a misunderstanding." I stammer out, still not fully sure what I'm saying.
"You told us that last time."
"Yes! I did, and it's the same now!"
There's a pause, as if they are considering what to say next.
Eventually, someone from behind scoffs.
"Why didn't you just tell me that?" The Irish accent calls, every head swivelling around to look at the new person.
"If you weren't interested in anything, why not tell me?" She prompts.
"I- I don't know what I'm interested in anymore." I say, continuing to flash my eyes between Lucy and Kei and Katie.
"So your really not together?" Asks Keira, copying my actions and Nodding her head between me and Katie.
"No, we're not together. I kinda hoped we would be, though. After this weekend." The Irish woman mutters.
"Oh this is just bloody brilliant!" Lucy yells, eyes flashing in anger.
"I don't understand why your so angry, Luce." Kei says, hands on her girlfriends shoulders.
"She lied to us!"
"No I didnt! I genuinely was confused, nothing was going on!"
"Yeah, right." Lucy says, eyes rolling.
"Ah, see, Lucy. That's where your wrong."
"God Katie please stay out of this one."
"No, you still owe me a wee chat."

Somehow, in the space of 2 days, I had messed everything up. I had fallen for Irish badass Katie McCabe, pissed off Lucy and Kei, started a mini war and confused the fuck out of myself. Simply spiffing, as the English would call it.
"STOP, STOP, STOP!" I yell, leaving everyone shocked.
"Katie can we please talk later?" She nods at me, eyes tracing my face as she walks away.
"Luce, you can ask me any question, and I promise I'll tell you the truth."
There's a long pause of Keira gently rubbing Lucy's back while i stand scuffing my shoes on the astro.
"Do you fancy her?" She asks, staring at me. The face she pulled earlier haunts my memories, a look of pure hurt and pain.
"I- I don't know."
"Y/n."
"Yes! Yes, fuck, I think I do."
It was weird, admitting it. I'd been trying to deny it. There was always something niggling at me. I thought it was guilt, seeing her on the floor after a harsh tackle or a knee to the stomach, looking back it was probably something else.
Behind us was a quick hiss of "yess.." Before it realised it was being watched once more and shuts up.
"Are you going to get with her?" Lucy questions, an additional question.
"I hope so.. I dont know. Not like im gonna see her for a while and I don't really like long distance.."
"Shit.." muttered the very not-there-but-definetly-there voice.
"What are you gonna do?" Lucy asks, I can tell this is the last question. I haven't really considered that, not yet anyway. Just a couple minutes ago I was denying all thoughts of my feelings.
"Uhm. Not sure.. gonna think about it." I say.
Before I know it, I'm being enveloped in a warm hug, which definitely confused me, considering that she was mad at me.
"I'm sorry, y/n. I really am. I should have believed you. We'll help you figure something out, promise."
"Sorry, Bronzey, but that's for us to figure out, and you to spectate over." In the space of my hug with Lucy, Katie had walked over and placed a gentle hand on my hip, forcing that red I so desperately hid, to reappear on my face.
"Okay, well. Y/n knows where to come if she needs it." Lucy says, which personally shocks me. I honestly thought she was going to try to start something. Walking off, she ruffles my hair and glares at Katie in an obvious overprotective way.
"Be careful, yeah?" Kei whispered as she walked off. I just smiled and nodded. What's there to be careful about?

(Hope that made you guys happier..  ended the last chapter off in quite a cruel way. I have the next bit planned out, but there's only going to be about 8 chapters left. Love ya <3)