Chapter 21

"We're selling you off."
"What? Not even a chance at a contract extension?"
"We need the money, and you're most likely to bring it in."
I scoff.
"So you've had an offer?"
"Record breaking."
I scoff again, my thoughts retracing to the conversation yesterday on the plane.
"From who?" I ask, placing my hand on my hip in an act of couldnt-care-less.
"Man United."
I exhale. I guess it hadn't worked, I wasn't gonna be playing for Arsenal."
"And Chelsea"
Well, not them. They're Arsenal's swarm enemy, and I'm not going back to Katie hating me.
"Any others?" I'm practically pleading with my eyes for him to say that beautiful word.
"Arsenal."
"Huh? Did I imagine that?"
"I said, Arsenal."
I cheer loudly.
"I want that. Send me there, and I will go, I swear." I stand still, pausing in front of my agent as he gets out his laptop.
"Okay, I can guarantee 15 minutes playtime every 2 matches plus anymore they want to put you on for.. record transfer for women, they're paying £700,756. Uhh.. contract for 3 years."
"Stop talking. It's perfect."
"I'll get in contact. You'll have housing arrangements sorted for you, so.. just get packing."
I cheer excitedly before racing out of the room towards the games room, which I know Lucy and Kiera will be in, probably playing FiFa.
"GUYS!" I yell, jumping across their laps where they sit on the beanbags.
Obviously, knocking them out of their game, they put down their controls and look down at me, smirking.
"What is it, then?" Lucy prompts, nudging me slightly from my position.
"I'm changing clubs!" I yell, rolling off their legs onto the floor.
It goes silent for a second, which I definelty didn't expect.
"Are you guys not happy for me?" I question, looking up from the floor.
"Thanks for the heads up." Lucy Mutters.
"And the chat before you accept any offers." Keira buts in
"And the polite, heartfelt 'I'm leaving' chat."
"Right. Whatever. Thanks for your support." I roll my eyes and get up from the floor. "I need to go pack anyways. Thanks for being mates."
I can feel their eyes burn into my back as I walk out, slamming the door with a bit too much force upon my exit. I go straight home, picking up my phone and putting it down; trying to decide whether to tell Katie or just show up.
I call her instead. I'm asking for some advice without telling her.
"Uhm. I'm not sure if you're aware, but 1 hour time difference is a lot. And I'm tired."
"Yeah, sorry, Kate's. Just wanted some advice." I say, shoving a couple of clothes on a bag.
According to my agent, I have 3 days to say goodbye and gather my things before I leave for London. That gives me 1 day to smooth things out with Kei and Luce after giving them 2 days of the silent treatment, of course.

"So what's up? Why are you calling me at this preposterous time."

"Don't be extravagant. It's barely 10 o'clock. And, I was just wondering what you would do if.."

"Snap their fucking knee caps."

"I AM NOT SNAPPING LUCY AND KEIRAS KNEECAPS!" I yell, catching the attention of the pigeon sat on my window sill.
"Okay, okay. What did they do, and do I have to fly to Spain to fix it?"

"Stay in England. And, hypothetically, if you were really excited about something, and you told them, but they were just upset, what would you do?"

"One of my favourite forms of punishment is the butter sock.."

"I'm not gonna ask. I want to talk to them, but I see where they're coming from."

"What did you do."

"Hey! Don't be lecturing me. You're literally the one who.. who.. wait."

"Haha, I am perfect."

I sigh, struggling to form a response to her big headedness. "You're not good at advice." I groan, listening to her open a bag of chips rather loudly.
"Scuse you. I am great at response. And anyway, I have to go to bed. Sleep on it."

"Kay. Talk tomorrow."

"Oh. And y/n. Talk to them, tell them your problem and they'll tell you there's. That should stop it."

I nod and grin stupidly, as if she could see me. "Night, Katie." And then she hung  up. I climb onto my bed, disregarding the packing and letting my mind wander to all different places.
Have to talk to them another day.

(I am terribly sorry for my lack of updates. I focused on the wrong book. Just a couple more chapters, and then this one is officially closed, except for maybe holiday specials, maybe. Keep your support coming. Love ya<3)