Chapter 18

"Y/n. Let's talk." Katie says as soon as Lucy and Keira are out of earshot. I hum in response, unwanting to meet her eyes.
"Do you actually, you know, fancy me. Like you said to Lucy?"
"You thought I was lying to her?"
"If you fancied me, why would you keep the feud going for so long."
"Cause I knew you wouldn't like me back."
"You think I don't like you back?" She says, whacking my shoulder with the back of her hand jokingly.
"Dunno, do you?"
"You're smarter than that, y/n."
"That's not an answer, Katie." I retort, finally losing interest in my hand and looking up at her. There's a pause, as if she doesn't want to admit it.
"If I didn't fancy ya, why would I kiss ya back all those times."
"So you do?"
She facepalms into her hand, enitially giving up before she turns to face me once again, her eyes glinting in a mischievous way. 1, 2, 3, 4.
That's the fourth, right? The fourth kiss that is.
This one was different, softer, more genuine. Only quick, but a feeling that would last forever. Once we'd pulled back, we twisted back to our respective places and stared at the floor, hands twisting together until they interlocked next to my hips.
"When do you leave?" She says, breaking the very comfortable silence
In response, i mutter out a quick "Tonight.." A sense of realisation hitting me when I realise I won't be seeing her again for way-too-many days.
"Oh."
"Yeah.."
"Want help packing?"
"I didn't bring much.."
"Y/n. I'm really trying here. Let me spend some god damn time with you." She jokingly yells, rolling her eyes at me.
"Oh..OH. Yeah, you can come help me pack."
"Are you done with your interviews?"
"Think so.. I'll ask Amy."
"Alright. I'll be here waiting for you. Don't do a runner now."
I laugh at her.
"Not a chance, McCabe."
I quickly get up from my seat and untangle our fingers from the clasp, kissing the back of one of them before leaving.
"Oi you cheeky bitch!" She calls after me, half way through laughing and blushing, which I then turn around to and blow a quick kiss.
It wasn't difficult finding Amy, after our meeting this morning she'd rather stuck out as a "please-avoid-this-person-they-make-you-uncomfortable."
A bit like how Katie was, until we fixed everything up.
"Ah! Y/n. Did ye get to all your arrangements?" She asks, completely unfazed by the face off she'd had that morning with my very angry Irish woman.
"Uhm yeah. Am I done for the day?" I say, looking at my feet. Every time she moved an inch closer, I moved 2 inches back, unwilling to be too close to her after our early interaction.
"What was the last thing you did, pretty?" Amy pushes, pulling me a bit closer so I can 'look at her clipboard'.
"Uhm, fifa players thingy?" I'm trying to wiggle away from her grasp, but her fingers take a firm hold of my shoulder.
"Ah, that would seem that's all the interviews done for you then gorgeous.." she pauses before continuing. "We could leave and have a fun night after the stress of today?"
Now im really uncomfortable. With a little bit more force than I would have liked, I pulled away from her; yanking her hand off of my shoulder until I find something very unfortunate, a wall. My elbow bashes against the brick, grazing the skin in a painful way. "Awh, now look what you did. You don't have to pull away, especially after everything I've done for you today.." Her voice is sickly sweet, straight through one ear and sticking in my brain.
"Oi, asshole. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't touch up ma wee girl!" Thank the lord for Katie and her constant nosyness.
"Your girl?" Amy scoffs. "Like you could pull anyone better than a 4."
"More than you can pull." She mutters, much to my amusement. It gradually goes silent for a second, as if both of them are considering their next move. "Now then 'gorgeous. Would ya mind lifting your hand just an inch or so and twisting so I have a direct sucker punch in the nose."
Stupid Amy, why the hell would she actually turn and look at Katie, especially when she just threatened to bitch-slap her. "Ah, what an angel you are." Is all I hear, followed by a harsh, echoing slap followed by a "Did warn ya lass." Followed by a "You bitch!" Followed by a "come on y/n you have some packing to do."
Guess it wasn't just my elbow bleeding now..

(Eeeeeek. I made it work, and I made them be happy with each other!! You guys agree. Amy got what she deserved.. right? Please drop a comment with a request of another player! Love ya <3)