Chapter 9

On the Pitch..:Readers' pov.

I step onto the pitch, a wave of exhilaration punching me lightly in the arm,  and my teammates slap me in the back in a sense of good luck and sportsmanship. I search the pitch,praying that the one I'm looking for, the ice-cold gaze of my favourite Irish person, hasnt been taken off. It doesn't take long, her dark hair fizzing around her face as more strands slip when the wind whips. How can she look so perfect when everything about her is cruel and heartless and mean. She must have noticed me, her eyes whipping up and meeting mine in a glare that seemed to last hours. My ears ring as finally, the whistle was blown. I head straight forward as the ball is kicked by my teammate into the space in front of me. It was an amazing, open, lack of defence goal. Or it should have been, if McCabe hadn't decided it was funny to boot my shins in "accidentally."
"MCCABE WHAT THE FUCK BACK IT UP LOVE." My voice comes out louder than expected, however the ref seems to ignore it. "WHY PLAY FOOTBALL IF YOU DIDNT WANT CONTACT, Y/L/N."
"I HAVE HAD IT UP TO MY FUCKING EYE BALLS WITH YOU."
"THATS THE ONLY BALLS YOU GOT."
Anger seeped through her words, out of her mouth and stabbing me where my heart pounded in my chest. I clench my fist into the tight ball, one more word, and I'll hit her where it hurts. However, before another sound leaves her mouth, Kei comes over and stops me; her words like honey, compared to the sharp tone of the woman infront of me. "Y/n. Come on. Breathe." She stops and looks at me, then her eyes widen and give a sharp, meaningful side eye towards Katie. "You too. Keep it to yourself until after the game."
Frustration spurs me on, every ball I receive landing perfectly for me to run onto and take a shot, each one getting closer and closer. I admire Zinsberger for her determination to stop me from scoring. She knows it won't hold me off long, though. Balls whip around different feet until It finds Blackstenius. Shit. That's not good. I watch as my defence race back to stop her from... scoring. The back of the net bulges as a flying volley hits the top right corner. Fair play, fair play. The goal is given, and the gameplay continues.
70 minutes in and it was still 1:0 to Arsenal, a smug look now printed onto McCabes face. We're quick back on the ball, racing down the wings until finally I have a direct shot.
What a banger. The look of utter shock on their faces when they realise that we can score too, my favourite being Katie's, as the smirk is wiped off her face, quicker than it went on.
The game calms down; both teams not willing to concede another goal and lose to the other.
Mccabe gets the ball.
Dribbles it down the wings
Passes it to Blackstenius
Blackstenius Dribbles
Gives it back to McCabe
But I'm already there.
I take the ball
Katie's trying to get her foot on it.
She blocks me.
"God McCabe. Get out of my fucking way."
"I think not. You still haven't learnt."
Her eyes glint with confidence.
"I. Am. Better. Than. You."
She snaps her fingers, and suddenly she's gone, and I'm on the ground, grasping my neck in agony at the whiplash. "Oh, come on, that couldn't hurt." She mutters under her breath, I can't quite hear her, but you can see the words formed under her scowl. I sit up slowly and smirk at her. "That's a yellow." I say. And just as I finish my sentence, a flash of yellow is whipped out and the whistle is blown.

(Heyy! Sorry I forgot to post last night. I fell asleep as soon as I got back from my football game (6:1 win!!). I hope this long(er) chapter makes up for it!! Love yaa<3)