Chapter 16

Right! Let's begin." Ben says when me and Magda sit down.
"The teams are: Magda and Lena vs. Katie and y/n. Decide which team you're playing as."
Whispering ensues that speech, Lena and Magda quick to come to an agreement, but me and I argue for a long space of time.
"Come on, y/n. Everyone knows Arsenal is better than Barcelona."
I scoff
"Yeah right, when was the last time they won against us?"
She's silent and stares at me. Guess I've won that one.
"Who are you both playing as then, Magda and Lena first." Ben says, once we've finished squabbling
"Bayern Munich, if you would." Oberdorf said.
"And you guys?" He says, looking at me and Katie.
"Man Utd." She says, Sighing heavily.
I smile, smug at winning the first mini battle.
However, it didn't last long, me being smug, that is.
As he handed us the remote, Katie made a full show of brushing her hand against mine in an 'accidental' manner. In a quick hiss, I say, "Do you want us to lose?"
She responds quick enough "No, I want to mess with your head."
The game was begun, and Katie's hand had found my leg and was squeezing it every time she found something to be angry about. God knows how she was playing with only one hand. I think, at this point, the only thing keeping me sane was the gentle hum of Ben Haines voice, commentating the metaphorical game and the constant buzz of the xbox in front of us.
They were winning, of course they were, with me distracted and Katie one handed,q them taking the lead was inevitable. They were 2 goals in front of us just before the half-time whistle.
"Right guys, let's take a break again." Ben says, eyes scanning over me where my leg was bouncing uncontrollably.
I shot up as soon as i heard that, heading right over to grab a coffee and wash off the red painted across my face.
My attempt was quickly interrupted by the one, and only Katie McCabe pressed up against me, trying to reach something from in front of me instead of asking for it.
Without anything keeping earthed, none of the gentle buzz or Ben's voice, I can't help but turn around and snap at her.
"Katie, this needs to STOP."  I yell at her, a little bit louder than I expected myself.
"Huh? What?"
"Stop it, stop it. What you're doing, confusing me, constantly trying to get into my head, and it's driving me bonkers."
"I don't understand what's so confusing to you."
"If you would have told me 24 hours ago that I have kissed my enemy not once, not twice but three times, I wouldn't have believed you. If you would have told me 24 hours ago that my enemy on and off the pitch was able to drive me so crazy with just a swish of her finger, I wouldn't have believed you. If you would have told me 24 hours ago that I was considering the ice cold, heart of stone Katie McCabe as anything more than an enemy. I wouldn't have believed you."
"I still don't understand what's so confusing about an enemies to lovers."
"No..no. Absolutely not. That is not a valid excuse for this. This isn't a joke anymore, Katie. This is serious!"
"I'm not joking!"
"Yes. Yes, you are. I refuse."
She drags my wrist into an empty corridor and presses her lips back on mine for the 4th time that couple of days. I promised I tried to think of a reason not to kiss her back. But for some reason, I couldn't, and I was returning the kiss with just as much effort as her. It was perfect. Tranquil.
I wouldn't have noticed the person behind me if it wasn't for the sharp, quick intake of breath. It was Katie who saw her first, her mouth upturning into a proud smirk as she pulled away and whispered in my ear, "You might wanna turn around."
Swivelling on my heel, I turn around and spot Lucy standing there, eyebrows glaring down in a hurt look.
"So last night, the entire conversation was fake?"
"No no no Luce No."
"If you didn't want to tell us then okay thats fine, but looking us dead on in the eye and  LYING to our face is just -"
She doesn't finish, looking down and sighing. She turns around and heads straight away through the tunnel. "Ben wants you back."
"Luce I- please don't tell Kei, you'll tell her it all wrong!"
"I saw what I saw, y/n. Have fun with your girlfriend."
I watch as the last of dark hair is removed from my line of sight.
"SHIT!" I yell, shocking both myself and Katie, whose hands are still placed lightly on my hips.
"Let's go." I say, slowly wriggling from her grip.
"What?"
"We need to go. Ben wants us."
"Is that it?"
"What d'you mean."
"Y/n.."
"Let's go."
I turn away, but she grabs me again.
"I thought i was finally getting there.."
"Getting where. There is no there. We're stuck in a loop."
She looks at me, even more hurt than Lucy did. I wanted to turn around and tell her I was sorry, that I would take it all back, but at that time, my head was spinning, and I was disappointed with myself for letting it all happen.

In the second half of the game, me and I gained a 1 goal lead, both concentrating on the game rather than each other. Back to ignoring each other. Everything was running laps around my head, and I was losing the race, lagging behind and struggling to breathe. As very soon as the interview was over, I walked out, ignoring every single voice telling me to go back and apologise to Katie. However, Lucy and Kiera came first.
How did I end up like this?

(Sorry :/.. I don't know how it ended up like this myself, but.. drama. Check out my new book AND.. I swear this chapter was written a lot better than this, but I lost the original draft and had to write as much as I could from memory. Love yaaa <3)