Chapter 19

"Katie. When you said you were gonna help me pack, I didn't think this was what you meant." I say, looking at her dangle her legs over the side of my bed.
"I am helping." She pouts, glaring at me from where I push a couple more clothes into my bag.
"Since when has sitting on the bed and kissing me whenever I get close enough helpful."
Ever since that moment, that chat, when she asked that question, I've seen a new side of Katie. A side, from what I'm guessing, not many people are able to see. It's more relaxed, more sensitive, and more down to earth.
Most of all, it's my favourite side of her.

I put down the couple of toiletries I'm holding onto the end side table and walk, so im stood between her legs. However, I block her lips with my hand when she attempts to plant a kiss on mine. "Will you miss me?" I tease scrunching up my nose as I speak.
"Yes, I'm going to miss you! Now let me kiss you.."
"I have to tell you something."
She hums at that, nibbling at the finger covering her mouth.
"You know my contract expires soon."
Hums again
"Where dyou think I should sign?"
Katie's eyes widen at that, the thought of me staying now playing on her mind.
"Have Arsenal offered you one?" She murmers, my hand still slightly toning her voice.
"Mmm. Maybe."
She glares at me mockingly but moves on the bed, so she's lying down on it.
"Come lay, y/n." She says, gripping my wrist gently and pulling me down next to her. I listen to the way her heart beats under her top, my fingers playing with the fabric edges as she strokes my hair. The silence is rather suffocating, I find. She stops her fingers for a second before continuing to stroke her fingers down some strands of brown. "Y/n?"
"Yeah?"
"Let me promise you one thing."
"What's that?"
"If you sign for arsenal, promise I'll ask you to be my girlfriend."
"And what if I say no?" I tease moving my hands to her hip.
"Then you say no. No big deal."
"Gee, you're so level-headed.. It's scary."
"Oi, I'm trying to be compassionate and caring."
"You're failing."
She sits up, knocking me off her chest, and then flicks my forehead.
Then there's a knock at the door. And then someone waltz in.
"Y/n. We need to go." Lucy says, looking from Katie to me and then back to Katie again.
"Right now?" I exclaim. "I thought we had another couple hours?"
"You did 2 hours ago. But you spent it fooling around with her."
"Uhm,'her' can hear you."
She glances over at Katie, raising her eyebrows before looking back at me.
"Are you packed?"
"Yeah.."
"Let's go then!"
"Right.."
I climb off the bed, giving Katie a quick kiss on the lips before following after Lucy. She gives me a pitying look, I can see it, an image now blazed into my mind. I dont realise at the time, my mind to focused on my own 2 feet than the ones padding behind me.
"¡ah! ¡Por fin estás aquí! ¿tengo todo?"(Ah! You're finally here! Got everything?) Jonaton calls, spotting us rounding the stairs.
"¡Eso creo!" (I believe so!)
"vamos entonces!" (Let's go then!) He says, gesturing us to get onto the team bus.
"WAIT!" I hear, climbing onto the first step. I quickly turn around and spot her standing there, a jacket precariously draped across her shoulders. I dont know why I did it. god, I got a scolding from Jonotan, but I turned back and ran into her arms.
"I'll be back." I say, into the nape of her neck.
"I know you will."
"¡Vamos y/n, vamos!" (Let's go, y/n. Let's go!)
"si si viene!" (Yes, yes, coming!)
"Y/n." Katie says, eyes slightly glossed over.
"Yeah?"
"Check your pockets when you get onto the bus."
I just smile at her, turning my back and waving before climbing back onto the bus, greeted by a mass amount of wolf whistles.

20 minutes in, I check my pockets, only to find a singular slip of paper.
You're not getting away that easily.
0#### 1#####
~Katie.

(Sorry for the wait. Started to focus on my new one-shot book! I'm almost finished with this one, I think. Unless I get a massive uproar telling me to keep it going, I think this only needs 3 more chapters. Go check out my new book! Love ya<3)