Chapter 22

Y/ns List of Things to Do, Before Going To England:

• Pack✅️
• Say goodbye to the team✅️
• Say hello to Ona Batlle, the new signing✅️
• Check what I've packed✅️
• Eat as much sushi as possible (heard its not as nice in England)✅️
• Ignore Kiera and Lucy for 2 days✅️
• Say goodbye to Keira and Lucy
• Talk to Katie about her opinions on the British weather (gently hint your arrival without telling her)✅️

Im now standing in the airport, waiting for my flight to be announced, desperate to see their heads bobbing towards me in the sea of people, but no such look yet. I check my watch, only 15 minutes till gates open. Should I ring them? I take out my phone to dial Keira, but move my thumb and turn it off instead, bouncing my knee nervously against the warn out blue carpet beneath my feet. I'd made that list hoping to get everything done yet nerves wriggle and writhe around as I consider all the things I may of left at home, also trying to figure out an excuse to leave and see em both.
10 minutes till gates open and I take my phone out again, calling Katie's number in hopes of someone to talk to.
"Y/n?" She answers, groggily.
"What the hell are you doing up at.. 2am?"
"Long story. Not really. Can't be bothered to tell you." I respond, coffee pacing through my veins.
"Okay. Well. What do you want me for?"
"Nothing. Except for company. Are you doing anything tomorrow?"
"I mean I have a meeting with Jonas at 4 but other than that.. why?"
"That sounds official. Any idea what it's about?"
"Not a clue."
"Seen as you gotta while, can I talk to you for.. 5 minutes?" I ask, checking my watch for the time.
"Don't think I have a choice."
I laugh with too much noise and energy for 2 am, taking another sip of my coffee.
"So why are you up at such an ungodly hour?"
"Catching a flight."
"A flight to where?" She snorts, a crisp sound of movement crackling through the phone.
"Home."
"Arent you already in Barca?"
"Home is where the heart is, my friend."
She scoffs again. "I would hope I'm something more than a friend now."
"Patience is key."
"I'm losing my patience for this conversation. Good night, y/n."
"Thanks for keeping me company." I say, sarcasm lacing through my voice, but she just hangs up. I check my watch, but there's no need, for a flight attendant makes her way over to the gate and begins to announcement. Slowly, people grab their bag and begin to make their way over. I'm about 4th in line as inch by inch I shuffle towards the front.
"Ah, Miss y/l/n. You've been upgraded to first class. Just take a left instead of a right." She gives me a tight lipped smile of bright red as I yank my bag into the corridor towards the plane. I get to the edge of the walkway and take a sharp left towards some rich looking curtains, only to find someone else there aswell.

I hadn't thought about who had upgraded my ticket, more focused on getting to England alive. But now it made sense.. mostly.
"You think we would of let you leave for England without saying goodbye?" They say, almost in sync, before laughing at one another. I take a couple of steps forward before wrapping my arms around them. "I'm so sorry, I should of talked to you guys."
"We're sorry we treated you shitty.." Lucy says, looking down at a piece of skin she'd pulled from her thumb.
"I think I started it." I laughed squeezing between them to sit on the two arm rests.
"Shouldn't you guys be getting off-"
"SHIT YES COME ON KEI I DONT WANNA GO TO ENGLAND YET." Lucy jumps up, grasping Keiras wrist before giving me a warm smile and hugging me, quickly followed by the other leaning down and wrapping her arms around me. I watch their heads through the crowd out of the area and off the plane.

The flight is long and boring and tiring, but after 2 and a quarter hours I end up standing in an airport like a lost puppy, searching for my bag lost somewhere on the luggage round. A tap on the shoulder makes me turn around, a proud looking person standing infront of me wearing an Arsenal tracksuit and holding my bag. "Sorry, I should of told you I'd already grabbed it." She laughed.
God I recognised that laugh.
"Amy what the fuck are you doing here?"
"What are you on about sweetie, I was coming to take you to the Arsenal centre."
"It's barely.. 6 in the morning here."
"Yeah, well, it's a 40 minute drive to get there, not including traffic, and then you need to eat!"
"Would rather go to my new home and get some unpacking done.." I yawn, gesturing to the mass amount of bags following me.
"Okay. We can do that. Let's go." She says, pulling along my suitcase and carrying one of the boxes.
I roll my eyes at her desperate but follow suite towards a grey Mercedes waiting outside.