Chapter 13

Barcelona Team Hote..: General Pov.

Sat on the edge of the bed, feet dangling towards the red carpet on the floor of the hotel room, Lucy, Keira, and Y/n look each other dead on in the eye as they discuss the events from earlier that day. "Explain it. Just one last time. Please." Lucy's eyes land on Y/n once more, silently pleading for an answer.
"I don't know. I left the changing room and she was there. She asked to talk, and I said yes. She asked me why. I got mad, pushed her against a wall, and told her she had no rights bla bla. Went to punch her, and she laughed at me, so I kissed her."
"None of those statements make sense with each other, y/n." Kiera's eyes are a lot more gentle than Lucy's, less judge and more comfort. "You should talk to her about it. I could probably get her number from a couple of links?"
"No! I mean, no, thanks, kei."
"Besides its media day tomorrow. They wanted to do it over here with Arsenal, so it's less time-consuming." Lucy says, corners of her lips upturning slightly into a smirk.
"Well, that's just fucking brilliant."
"I think that's a good place to stop this conversation." Keira buts in, slipping a sharp glare towards Lucy. Hands up in false defeat, Luce climbs up and walks towards the door to the room, Kiera hot on her heels. "Sleep well." She says before her brown hair swishes through the door.

Time skip: Next morning, Media Day.. Readers' Pov.

I tie my hair up in a quick twist, not allowing any water to drop down my neck as it's still damp from this morning.  "Y/n. COME ON! Were late." Lucy pounds on my bedroom door as I finish off putting on mascara for the shoot today and slip on my shoes. "Lovely..now. come on." I follow her out of the door towards the carpark,"Where's the bus?"
"Huh?" Lucy turns back over her shoulder and looks at me through her peripheral vision. "We're walking. It's not far." I catch her up in a quick jog as we head towards a large, arena-like building. As we arrive, I spot Keira and run over to her. "FINALLY! Here, I signed you in already." She passes me a lanyard and I slip it round my neck is one, swift movement. "brillante."
"Heyy! You're here! I'm Amy. I'll be helping you get to all of your assignments today." I wave at her and smile, giving a quick nod of goodbye to the girls I left behind and follow Amy towards a green-screened area, where lights blare and cameras click, taking pictures of a certain short, dark haired, icy Irish player. "Just my luck." I mutter, Amy looking at me in confusion. In an attempt to remain unnoticed, I creep past the cameras towards where the photographers waited for me. However, im unsuccessful, and she spots me, a flash of hurt in her eyes, but still remaining as cool and collecting as ever. I'm quick to finish my shoot, the blinding lights quickly becoming too much and giving me a head. "Coffee?" Amy asks, donning a soft smile. "Yeah. Please." She out stretches her arm, a cup of coffee glasped in her knuckle. One second, it's in the cup. Next, the scolding coffee is across my shirt. "Gosh! I'm so sorry, I must have tripped here, let me.."  I waft her hands away, and tell her it's okay, whipping my shirt over my head and wait - is she staring at my abs? I smack my hand around my torso in an attempt to cover up. "Wow. Footballers have such nice muscles."  I look up and see Amy reaching out and touching my biceps. "Uhm.. Yeah.. part of the job." I give her a small, uncomfortable smile, glancing up and trying to find someone I can silently beg for help. And yet, only Katie stands there, looking at me confused with her eyebrows furrowed. She mimes "want help?"
I nod desperately towards her, and she instantly marches over to me. "Hey.." she pauses and reads the name on Amy's Lanyard. "..Amy. Would you mind taking a step back from y/n?"
"Oh! Katie McCabe! Would you mind not being so nosey? Y/n doesn't mind.. does she?" She looks me dead in the eyes.
"Uhm.. Well..  you're a bit touchy.. you know?" Amy's fake smile falters at my response. "No, I'm not, silly." She rubs her hands up the muscles on my arms. "Right, y/n. I think we should go get a snack!" She takes off her jacket and gives it to me, nodding at my bare torso. "Put it on then."
She grabs my wrist and walks me away from the very touchy, very unhelpful 'assistant'. "Tha-." I begin. However, I'm cut off.
"No. This doesn't mean we're friends. She jabs me in the chest as I'm pressed against the cold brick, trying to get away from her judgemental eyes. "You kissed me yesterday. Then you left and gave me nothing to explain it. That hurts. More than your fucking slide tackles." Her Irish accent always seems so much more prominent when she's angry, I pick up. "Hey! Are you even listening?"
"Huh?"
"Right. No, you're not."
"Let's get one thing straight. I'm not. And what you did yesterday was not cool. And so now I'm gonna make it even." Before I could respond, firm lips are placed against mine. What the hell?

(Woo! I put a bunch of effort into this chapter because I confused myself with how I left the last episode. This one might not be updated as often for a little bit as I started a new book about Lauren Hemp, so please go take a look at that. Thanks for your support. Love ya <3)