Chapter 6. Chaing Mai

Broken But Beautiful

Chapter 6. Chaing Mai

*************

Gulf opened his eyes as the sun was peepign through the curtains. He stretched his limbs with a smile and stood up to look outside. The view was breath taking. He could see the mountains and the ocean from the window. Chaing Mai was known for its mountains and beach. The fresh air of the trees covering the mountains would filter the air for the people to have fresh oxygen. It was a bit cold here compared to the busy and crowded city. He wrapped the night gown tightly rubbing his hands before he went to washroom to freshen up.

It was a month since they had moved in here. The house was big enough for three people but Mew had a valid point that the girls need their separate room. So he arranged their cribs and closets along their toys and changing tables in the room attachted to Gulf's. He adjusted to plant a door in between the rooms for easy commotion. He even installed a baby monitor on a big screen for Gulf to see the girls.

He walked downstairs to find Win in the kitchen. Mew had enrolled him in the coursed in the college near their home. While he searched for a part time job too for his extra expenses. He didnt want to be a burden to him.

"Morning Phi Gulf". Win greeted Gulf as he served the breakfast on the table. Gulf looked around but he couldnt see Mew.

"Phi Mew is out with girls for a walk. He told me he will be back soon". Win answered the unspoken question. And the pink tint on Gulf's cheeks was not hidden.

"Phi. Can i ask one thing"? He looked at Gulf who was taking juice. He decided to have breakfast when Mew will be back.

"What is it Winnie"?

"You like Phi Mew"? He asked straight out. Gulf forgot to take a sip of the juice. Was it that obvious?

"Who wont like him Winnie? He is so kind hearted. So generous. So caring. Dont you like him too"? He retorted trying to avoid the meaning. Win smiled.

"Phi. Its okay if you dont want to accept your feelings for him or choose not to explain. But i would suggest, dont deny it for long. I dont want you to regret over a good decision that you delay. I am leaving for college. Will be back at night. See you". He pecked Gulf's cheeks and left to college after doing his dishes.

Gulf was in deep thoughts after he left. Was it true? Was he really denying his feelings for the man he was living for last 2 and a half months. Was it really because he had a warm heart for everyone? Or was it how he treated Gulf. Special and precious. Although he never said anything about his feelings but he would treat Gulf like the most important person in his life. He would tease him, take care of him. Make sure to provide for him. And most important, the way he would take the girls.

Gulf had never seen a father taking care of the daughters with so much love and dedication. He could see the brown eyes so warm and loving as he would entertain and attend the girls. Especially sincce he got the legal guardianship papers. Gulf still rememebered the day when Joss sent him the documents and Mew cried out holding the girls in his arms. Since then, he would spend all free time with the triplets who had started to recognise him well. They knew their Dad would take them out for a walk. Or to buy few things from grocery. They were used to the way their Dad would change them or play with them.

But, inspite of everything, there was an emptiness in Mew's eyes. Gulf would often see him spacing out. In deep thoughts. His forehead would crease with the intensity of what he would be thinking. He sometimes saw Mew taking a walk in the garden alone at night when everyone would be sleeping. Gulf would get disturb. He wanted to share the pain he was enduring. But he knew Mew wont tell him anything since he told himself that he will disclose his past when he gets comfortable. And that would be he last option for Gulf to make him upset. So he was pateintly waiting for Mew to open his heart someday.