Chapter 17. Trying Luck

Broken But Beautiful.

Chapter 17. Trying Luck.

************

Gulf was in his third semester now. More mature and stable. And as required he chosed his major too. He wanted to specialize in infertility. Causes, reasons and cures. He had discussed it with his professor and Mew too. But honestly he was scared to talk to Mew. He didnt want to offend him but to his surprise, Mew encouraged him. He was happy that there were many males who felt uncomfortable talking to a female doctor about their infertility complications. So being a male doctor would help many people to communicate easily. It was a challenge for Gulf that he promised to fulfil with determination.

Win was settled in the city with Bright. They had announced their relationship as boyfriends last semester break. Gulf was happy for him. Bright was a good kid. Mew and Gulf had visited them in the city too. And they saw how Bright took care of Win. He pampered him, spoiled him. He told Gulf that he would compensate for every fun he missed in his life. And Gulf witnessed it clearly. With Bright, Win was definitely very happy.

Nattarika and Nattarine were growing good. They were more than one and a half years. Standing, walking, talking. As Mew would say they were the chirp birds of the house. And if they would fall asleep, it seemed like no one lived there.

Gulf was taking a lecture with interest as it was related to something like Mew. The professor was explaining about the rare disease of Sperms Disorder, where the sperm die at 99.5% thus making the person barren. Just like women, who face same issue with their eggs. Not being able to conceive. The professor told that so far there was no medicine invented to cure the problem. And even sperms extraction wont help to carry children too because if any case the person injects the 0.5% alive sperms, it will be fatal for him or her. Since it can contain bacteria. There were injections that can block the bacteria but cannot fully eradicate from the system of the carrier, thus can cost the life of child or sometimes the carrier too.

The professor was highlighting the slides played on the projector. The students were taking notes quickly. They could see the structure building and breaking down. They could see the sperms working in the tubes and then fell down to zero. It was interesting to see things working. Gulf had lot many questions he wanted to ask. And luckily he had no more class for today. As the lecture finished he hurried to talk to the professor. Well thanks to the lord above, he was lucky today.

The professor asked him to follow to his office. Being grateful Gulf ordered coffee and snacks for them to be delivered in the office.

"Sir. Whats the procedure of conceiving in this scenario"? Gulf asked. "I mean since its complicated, you cant go for the standard way". He explained his question.

His professor smiled at his intelligent student.

"Well". He put off his glasses on the table picking up a book. "Usually in this case we go for sperm extraction. The person is supposed to ejaculate after 3 days of intercourse or masturbation in order to have. healthy amount. Shouldnt be forced. Because you know if we force a person to ejaculate, it drops the quality and quantity of sperm count. So we need it in relaxed environment. So what we do is, we either collect all in a container or condoms, as it suits,  and then we perfom a series of tests to determine the probability and chances.

Once we separate the living ones from dead ones, its injected into the carrier's body. But before that the carrier needs to go few tests too. Their body health. Their mental stability. Their consent to undergo all treatment since its risk to death. If the donor and receiver match, only then we inject a certain amount of sperms inside the carrier's body and the person is said to wait for 4 hours on bed. Its important because our body consider it as foreign intrusion and the antibodies immediately start fighting against it. So we need to sedate the person in order to slow down his or her body functions for the sperms to work.  Then we have to wait for 3 weeks before running some tests to see if the person conceived or not". Gulf's professor explained in detail.