Say Goodbye

• Dedicated to Jason Michaels

(Jasons POV)

"Angela, we need to talk."

Angela ignored me and kept walking, probably pretending that she didn't hear me. I knew she did, I was right behind her, too close for her not to hear.

"Angela, slow down, wait." I grabbed her arm to stop her. Bad move. She turned her murderous glare to me than stared at the hand holding her arm. I almost gulped. If she had heat vision my hand would be toast. "Let's talk."

"What is there to talk about, Jason? We're over remember?"

I sighed. I knew she was going to be like this. Difficult as always. "Yes, we've broken up but that doesn't mean that we can't stay as friends."

Angela threw her head back and laughed, a snotty sarcastic laugh that she mastered to perfection. I didn't take offense. I knew her, this was Angela being...well...Angela.

"Stay as friends? Sure, Jason, we'll be friends. No problem. You can let go now."

I released her, shaking my head. "I mean it, I hate for us to end like this, I really do."

"But we did end, Jason," Angela looked away, "we did."

"But it doesn't have to be like this."

"Like what?"

I blew out a frustrated breath. "Like this, you know, you ignoring me, pretending I didn't exist."

Her looked at me, eyes widdening with innocence. "I do not."

Yes she did and we both knew she was lying. Angela Becker...why did I start going out with her? I've often asked myself that and came to one conclusion. I loved her. I still do...but not the same as before. At one point, I did look at her in a romantic way but slowly, before I knew it, wham! My feelings changed. I never expected it to but it did and now I was hurting her. I didn't want to do that, to hurt Angela. I love her...but I wasn't in love with her...maybe I never was.

Others saw her as a cold bitch, a beauty queen but there was more to her than meets the eye. One of the reasons I had been so drawn to her was because of her strength, her will to achieve. But the more we became closer, the more we grew apart. She was trying to mold me into a person I wasn't. A person that I didn't want to be.

"I never wanted to hurt you," I told her. "Never."

She blinked than looked around. There wasn't anyone hanging around the hall, it was just the two of us, maybe one or two people passing by but that was it. I knew what she was doing. Angela never liked people seeing her upset.

"I'm fine, Jason. Really."

"Than why can't you look at me straight in the eye for more than three seconds?"

"What the hell do you want me to tell you?" Angela shook her head, "that I forgive you for abandoning me? Well I don't."

I winched. "I didn't abandon you, Angela."

"Yes, you did." She looked so hurt, so vulnerable, an emotion that she'd never let anyone else see. But right now, she was probably hurting too much inside to even realize that what she was feeling showed on her face. "I thought we were 'it', Jason, I thought we understood one another. I thought you loved me."

"I do."

"Liar."

"It's true, I do but its not the same. If I could change the way I feel to keep you from getting hurt than I would but I can't. Don't you think I tried to make it work between us?"

"It could have worked," she crossed her arms stubbornly.

"No, it couldn't have." She wasn't making this easy for me. " I know you must have felt it too. I had to make the first move to end it, you wouldn't have because you're too prideful. In the end, if we went thru all your plans, we would have ended up suffering. You would have ended up hating me. You think you're the only one who is hurting?"

"Stop being so dramatic, Jason!" Angela closed her eyes, clearly frustrated as I was but I could tell she was holding herself back, later, she'd probably cry alone again. She always cried alone. Angela never wanted to show weakness. Maybe, if she would have given me more of herself, than maybe, just maybe, we could have worked out.

"Look, I can't handle this right now and I'm over it. I'm over you." She opened her eyes and straightened. She was back to her calm and collected Angela mode. "I have things to do okay? I'll see you later."

"Angela..."

She held up a hand to stop me. "No, no more. I can't..." I watched as she turned away from me, walking straight into the girls bathroom. I leaned against the door and listened. I couldn't hear it but I knew...I knew Angela was crying silently...alone.

And I was the one who caused it.

I'm sorry, Angela...I'm sorry.

------------

Cookie: Song of this chapter is "Say Goodbye" by Chris Brown. It totally fits sJasona and Angelas relationship.

And a pic of Jason :)

VOTE/COMMENT la de dah