I know this crush aint going away

Cookie: You may have already noticed that I have a weird way of finding songs for my chapters. Haha, its just so fun to do. >.<

Pic is of Austen on the right-----------> the ring on the chain around his neck is the one that Fay gave him. (sure lets go with that) ^_^

Song is "Crush" by American Idol runner up David Archuleta. I loooove this song. You'll see how it goes with the chapter as you read along.

--------------------------

(Fays POV)

By the end of the day as the sun began to set, I wanted to murder someone.

I was sitting on a long wooden log along with other people, a bonfire blazing in front of me. There, on the other side was Austen and that skinny brunette I've often seen clinging to him. Hell she was clinging to him now. They weren't alone of course. Other people surrounded them, laughing, joking, having fun.

I wanted to stomp that smug look on her face.

Why the hell was Austen letting her cling to him like that? I mean, I thought he liked me! That's what he said right? So why? Why didn't he push her away knowing that I was here, only a few feet away?

Austen happened to glance up and our eyes met. My hopes brightened. Maybe he'll talk to me now. A whole day at the beach and not once had he talked to me. It was like he was purposely ignoring me.

I opened my mouth to say hello but he turned his gaze away, looking at the brunette who was saying something to him. The word hello got caught in my throat, burning.

Why was he treating me like this? Like I didn't matter? Like he never confessed to me.

It was like I had been the only one totally aware of the other. All day my eyes just couldn't stop following him. I noticed everything. The way he laughed, smiled, whenever he would run a hand thru his hair, showing that he was uncomfortable or frustrated. My heart would suddenly speed up and do little flips whenever he looked at me.

But when he looked away...it hurt. If I only thought of him as a friend, would it hurt this much?

"I didn't know you can play the guitar!"

My head shot up. It was that brunette that has spoken, closer to Austen than neccassary. Now I remembered her name. Amber? Ashley? Wait no it was Amber. Now I had a name to write on her tombstone.

"Hey play something," she said as loud as she could, obviously trying to bring attention to them. "Play me something, Aussie."

Aussie? What the fuck? Was that somekind of sick petname for Austen? Yuck! Aussie my ass.

Austen held a guitar, glancing up at me for some reason than looked away again. "I play a little."

That was a lie. Austen was almost as good as me when playing the guitar. I taught him everything.

"Come ooon," Amber whined, "play something. Anything. You can sing too can't you?"

The crowd gathering cheered him on, some patting his back and shoulder for encouragement. He laughed, waving them away. "Okay, okay, I'll do it."

The crowd went silent, waiting for him to play. I was also curious, what song would he play?