Mama bear hugs and hot kisses

(Fays POV)

I wish I could tell you that the screen went black, credits rolls in and a sappy love song is playing on the background to make the perfect little ending...

Yeah, I don't think so.

No matter how blissfully happy I was that I finally realized my true feelings for Austen, we still had issues to take care of. After our hot little make out scene in front of a live audience (which I am majorly embarrassed about by the way) Gavin hauled our asses out the creepy tunnel under the school. He didn't have to ask us twice, we were glad to get the hell out of tht hell hole.

What was even more surprising was that there were already ambulances and cop cars everywhere by the time we got back to the surface. How the hell had they gotten there so fast was beyond me. Gavin was suspiciously tight lipped about it all. I mean, how did he even know where to find us? Bigger question was how did he know something was wrong?

Of course when the cops and medics reached us we were enveloped in concerns and dozens upon dozens of questions that half the questions we didn't even know how to answer. All we could tell them was the truth.

Stan kidnapped me along with Angela because he had a sick and twisted obsession with me. His niece, Amber, who no one even knew were related, had been part of the plan as well. She had a sick and twisted obsession with Austen. Yeah...they were just a sick and twisted family.

So as for Stan and Amber.... after their unconscious bodies were carried out the tunnel they had woken up then checked by the EMTs. They were released to the cops who hauled them away in the back of the police cars. Good riddance.

And Angela...she had been hauled in an ambulance and sent to the nearest hospital for her wounds. She had gotten hit by one of Stans stray bullets but the doctor had assured us that it wasn't anything life theathening. It would have been if the ambulance hadn't come as fast as they had though. She could have bled to death.

As for the rest of us, we were in the same hospital as well. There were three things I hated most in this world. Injustice, cops and hospitals. They almost had to hog-tie me to get me in the ambulance so they could take me to the hospital for x-rays. They wanted to make sure Stan hadn't broken anything seeing as I was black and blue all over.

Through out the whole thing Austen had been pretty silent. He had just hovered over me like some dark protector or something. I gotta tell you, this new discovery with Austen's "dark side" was going to take some getting used to. I mean I'd probably need thearopy after this...okay maybe that's a bit dramatic but seriously, I can't get over the fact that Austen, MY Austen had split personalities.

That's what it was right? I mean how else can I explain the sudden change in him? How can he be this sweet adorable boy one second then a seductive dangerous man the next? It boggled my mind. Who was the real Austen McKennzie? How can you be so in love with someone yet doubt them at the same time?

Yeah, you heard me, I'm in love with Austen McKennzie. It's all still confusing but I knew in my gut that I loved this boy...man? Ugh. I'm seriously getting a headache.

"Well, Ms. Valentine,"  Dr. Giles said stepping back after examining me while I sat on the hospital bed, "you're pretty bruised up but we couldn't find anything else wrong with you."

"Good," I let out a breath of relief. I couldn't stand anymore of this poking and probing and I seriously needed to get out of here. I hated hospitals...they smelt like death.

"You might want to stay home for a week," Dr. Giles told me, writing something on his boardpad. "I'll write a note to your school excusing you from classes."