12. Reminiscence

C/W : Mention of physical abuse

Please read with caution

------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, he still could hear it. The sound of their laughter, of his laughter. A carefree laughter of their days that filled with brightness and naiveness. A short moment yet one of his warmest moments in his memory.

"Riku... your stamina sucks."

"Hey! You don't have to be THAT blunt!"

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry, but I'm not your brother. I won't be that kind or gentle to you."

"..."

"...Wait, are you crying?"

"...."

"GAH! No! Don't cry please! I'm sorry!"

"...Pfft. Ahahahahaha! Softie!"

"You... brat!"

"We're the same age! I'm only three months younger than you!"

"Still brat!"

"You're the brat one!"

"Both of you are a brat though."

"Yuuto-nii!" "Yuu-nii!"

"Riku-sama."

Crimson eyes snapped open as he turned around. Yuuto was standing near the door. An unknown expression painted the older face.

"Sorry. Did I disturb your training?"

Training... oh right. He WAS training, but somehow his mind went spiraling back to the past. Of when the brighter time. Of when that person was still there, at his side...

And at the time he was still so naïve.

Slowly, he closed his eyes and took a small breath. He exhaled before he opened his eyes. Crimson eyes looked calmer, like something being switched at that instant moment. Yuuto's finger twitched seeing that change. Though a skill like that was useful in their cruel environment, he hoped that this young man never needed to learn it.

Those short moments, he saw it. Those crimson eyes glinted with unshed tears, longing toward a distant past that he couldn't reach. What happened that made Riku act this way.

He then finally noticed it, the song, Zero. The song that brought Terra to win Diamond Award and Black & White. The song was originally created by that person then being arranged by Natsume Minami to fit the current Terra.

"Riku..." Yuuto breathed out softly.

"...Yuuto-san. What is my schedule for today?"

Ah... he didn't want to talk about it, at least not now. And Yuuto will respect that, his main job, no. His main DUTY was to make sure to support this person. He took out a small notebook from his coat's inner pocket, and he began to give the younger man the rundown of Terra's schedule.

If Riku gave him a small smile of gratitude, he only gave a smile of understanding back.

-oOo-