𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞....

There was a light buzz in the air as students from Hawkins High and Middle scattered like ants in the parking lot to get to their school buildings. It has been about a year since the incident with the Upside Down and Will Byers. But now that that's all over, Steve figured it was time to start fresh—to become a new version of himself. For the past year, he's been working on himself. No longer was he going to be "king" Steve. No longer was he going to be a bully or act like an entitled snob.

No. Not with everything that happened last year. He was different now. And honestly, he liked this new version of Steve Harrington. It made him feel a lot better and less guilty about his past actions. Steve leaned back against his parked BMW with Tommy, Carol, Nancy, and Tina by his side. "You guys are coming to my Halloween party, right?" Tina clutched her notebooks against her chest.

Steve shrugged and glanced at Nancy before looking at Tina. "Sure, why not? Sounds like fun. You guys are coming too, right?" Steve asked the two betas.

Tommy snickered while keeping his arm draped over Carol's shoulders to keep his girlfriend close. "Hell yeah, not exactly a party without "king" Steve there!" His grin widened as his eyes honed in on Nancy as if he was trying to taunt her. Nancy simply rolled her eyes at Tommy's provocations, her scent a mix of indifference and annoyance.

Steve sucked in his lips at the growing tension between Nancy and Tommy. "Not "king" anymore." He muttered under his breath but it seemed like no one had heard what he just said. The brunette couldn't contain his content smile when he stared at his mate. Even though Nancy had never actually claimed Steve he still liked to call her that. She was his alpha. His mate. His girlfriend. They belonged together like two pieces of a puzzle.

Sure, he was an omega (which his parents are extremely disappointed in) but at least someone wanted him. At least someone appreciated him. It was always hard for him as a child. Ever since he presented as an omega at the age of 12, everything changed. His parents didn't give a damn about him—always leaving him on his own. He always had to fend for himself because they were too "busy" with their stupid, lavish "business" trips. Seriously, what kind of parents just leave their only omega son to fend for himself? They wanted an alpha, but they got an omega instead.

Words cannot describe how disappointed and unhappy his parents were when they found out. And now...now they treat him as if he's nothing. As if he's the dirt beneath their fingernails. He has to deal with his mother's manipulative, alcoholic antics and the abusive, heartless lectures from his father. They definitely weren't winning any awards for their shit parenting. But it doesn't matter because Steve has his friends. He has Nancy and the kids. That's all that matters.

Steve held Nancy close with a satisfied hum and was about to place a tender kiss on her cheek when the roar of an engine reverberated in the cool, autumn air. The tires of a dark blue Camaro screeched against the pavement as it whipped hazardously into the school's parking lot. A few students had to jump out of the way in order to avoid getting run over. The blasting bass of Scorpions resounded in the air. Whoever this was definitely made their presence known. And clearly, they never learned to drive properly.

A tall male with blonde curls clad in tightly fitted denim jeans and a denim jacket to match climbed out of the Camaro along with a short, fiery redhead. Everyone's eyes landed on the two as whispers already filled the air. Who the hell were they? Steve's never seen them before so they had to be new in town. Tina gasped as her mouth hung open slightly. "Who is that? Oh my God, he is so hot."

Steve resisted the urge to roll his eyes. And here we go. All the girls fawning over a good-looking alpha. He was an alpha, right? He definitely had the presence and aura of one. Steve discreetly sniffed the air and—holy shit. He could smell this guy's pheromones all the way from where he was standing. It was strong, musky, and smelt a mix of cigarettes and dark bitter chocolate. Wow. That was kind of...intoxicating.

No wonder the girls were already going crazy over him and he's only been here for five seconds. Seriously, who was this guy? And who was the girl with him? She had to be his family, right? Tommy smirked as he started to make his way over to the tall, alpha male. "Tommy, what're you doing?" Steve hissed with raised brows. He wasn't seriously going over there, was he?

Tommy gave a nonchalant wave of his hand. "Relax, Harrington. I wanna go introduce myself. See what this guy's all about." Tommy flashed a smirk over his shoulder at his friends before making his way across the parking lot.

Carol scoffed and clung to Tina's arm. "Maybe you can invite hottie over there to your party Tina?"

Tina's eyes seemed to light up at that suggestion. "Oh, my God! I think I'll do that. I mean, look at him." Tina smirked, her eyes raking over the male from head to toe. Steve sighed and held Nancy close. Okay. That was their queue to leave. He really didn't want to sit here and listen to Tina's gushing.

"Okay, well, Nancy and I are heading inside." He gave the two betas a wave as he followed Nancy up the steps of Hawkins High. Steve stopped mid-way up the stairs when he felt a pair of eyes watching him. Was he just imagining it or did it feel like he was being watched? Steve furrowed his brows and glanced over his shoulder. Sure enough, that same blonde alpha was staring at him. Well, that's not creepy. At. All.

Steve held the alpha's gaze at their evident stare-down. There was an unreadable expression on his handsome features, but his intense gaze still lingered on Steve. He was clearly not paying any attention to whatever Tommy was saying. "Steve." Nancy's voice drew him back from his staring contest. "Are you coming?" She crossed her arms, giving him a look.

"Yeah, sorry." Steve headed up the rest of the steps. He couldn't help but peek over his shoulder once more to find that the blonde was still watching him. Totally not weird.