𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦

Hey guys! Yes, I know it's been a while since I've updated any of my fanfics. Tbh I haven't had much motivation to update and I've been lazy as well so if this chapter sucks then I'm sorry. I don't really have a plan on how this chap is gonna go so I guess I'm kind of winging it and seeing where it leads. Keep in mind that I haven't watched S2 of Stranger Things in a long time so I barely remember what happened. With that being said, I hope you guys enjoy the chap! 😅

Steve's mouth opened and closed like a gaping fish. The minute the dead demo dog's body collapsed on the floor with a soft thud the entire room was dead silent. No one spoke a word as they all cast their gaze on the demo dog. Billy was the first to break the silence. "Omega." He lifted his gaze to look at Steve. "What the hell is that?" He pointed at the dead dog. Oh boy. How in the world was Steve going to explain this? He had no idea where to begin or what to say.

His brain scrambled to think of something. He couldn't lie now, not with the evidence right in Billy's face. He couldn't make something up either. Dustin gave Steve no choice. He had to tell Billy the truth now. This was exactly what Steve wanted to keep away from Billy—he didn't want his alpha involved. But now it seemed like it was too late.

Billy's brows narrowed when he looked at Steve, bafflement clearly written on his face, waiting for an explanation. Steve released a shaky exhale and swallowed the lump in his throat. "You...you might wanna sit down for this." Steve knew he had to take responsibility for this and face the consequences.

"What?" Billy still seemed confused when he shook his head slightly.

Steve quickly licked his lips and fumbled with his fingers. He sighed, his heart heavy as he prepared to tell Billy the truth. He hoped Billy wouldn't walk out on him. He really hoped that by telling Billy the truth it wouldn't backfire and he'd never want to see Steve again. Steve wasn't sure if he'd be able to handle another heartbreak.

Steve tried to keep his composure, making sure to control his nervous scent so it wouldn't permeate the air. Even his pups seemed nervous as he was. At least Billy's scent didn't smell of anger anymore. "You should sit down. It's...gonna be a long talk. I have a lot to tell you." He moved over to one of the sofas and sat down.

He patted the open spot next to him. Billy stared at the kids for a moment before sitting next to Steve. He leaned forward, resting his forearms on his knees. "Start talking." Billy didn't look at Steve as he stared straight ahead at the wall. Steve took that as his sign and started from the beginning. He explained how all of this Upside Down stuff started last year and how he, Nancy, and Jonathan fought the Demogorgon. He explained what the Demogorgon was and where it came from. The pups moved and shared the other sofa. Dustin piped in to describe what the Upside Down was and how there were "gates" and "portals" to the other dimension.

Then they discussed the Mind Flayer—their new enemy—and, of course, the demo dogs. They mentioned El and how she has superpowers that can stop these creatures and close the gate. They discussed the importance of making sure that the gate is closed, stopping the creatures, and saving Hawkins from the Mind Flayer. Billy didn't say a word as he patiently listened, his brows still knit together as if he was trying to put the pieces together in his mind. It was a lot of information to take in all at once. Steve would completely understand if Billy was overwhelmed by it all.

They all paused, anxiously waiting for Billy's response. "I..." He shook his head and sighed, holding his head in his hands. "Jesus Christ."

"I-I know," Steve nodded and gently placed his hand on Billy's shoulder. "I know it's a lot. Trust me, I felt the same way when Nancy and Jonathan told me everything. That's why I wasn't in school last week. I was busy...doing all of this. Look, Billy, none of us knew this was going to happen again...we all thought it was a one-and-done deal, but...it started again and...I had to help."

Billy exhaled softly through his nose, he ran a hand over his face and looked at Max. "And you all got my sister involved in this shit?" He glanced at Steve, narrowing his eyes at his omega.

Steve's lips parted to speak but Max beat him to it. "N-No! I...it's not their fault. I was being...nosy and I wasn't listening, and...it just happened. But Steve, he...he protected all of us from those things...they came after us, and Steve...he fought them off."

Dustin nodded in agreement. "Yeah! That's right. Steve risked his life so we wouldn't get hurt! It was so badass, you should have seen him! He had his nail bat and—"

"His what?" Billy furrowed his brows when he looked at Dustin as if he was an idiot.

"H-His nail bat." Dustin stammered out and cleared his throat. He pointed at the bat lying on the dinner table. "That. He was fighting the demo dogs with it."

Billy turned his head to look at the bat and his lips parted before he looked back at Steve with a dumbfounded expression. "You're telling me that youmy omega—fought a bunch of those nasty-ass things with a bat...?"

Steve nodded his head slowly before clarifying. "A nail bat. But yeah, that's...exactly what I did."

"Right..." The blonde alpha trailed off.

Steve scooted a little closer. "I know it's a lot but...I didn't want you involved in all of this. I couldn't...I couldn't risk losing you. If something happened to you, I...I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, Billy. So...I'm sorry for lying...I'm sorry for missing our date and—"

"Whoa, whoa, date?" Max's lips parted as her brows narrowed. Now she was the one to be dumbfounded. "Wait...are you two together? Are you actually dating my step-brother?" Her small nose scrunched up slightly as she made a face. "Gross. Why would you wanna date him?"

Billy narrowed his eyes at her and growled slightly. "Hey."

Steve chuckled slightly and reached out to take Billy's hand in his with a small smile at his alpha. "Because I love him."

Billy's hardened expression softened. His stormy blue eyes widened slightly as his eyes searched Steve's chocolate ones. The two stared at each other with small smiles until Billy brought their intertwined hands up to plant a kiss on Steve's knuckles. "Omega. You don't need to apologize, I get it now. This shit is a lot to take in, but...I understand. And if there is any way I can help. I will. I won't let you do this shit alone, omega..." There was a short pause. "I love you too."

Steve could feel the tears brimming in his eyes as a sense of relief washed over him. He embraced his alpha by wrapping his arms around his neck and hiding his face in the crook of Billy's neck, inhaling his familiar scent that always seemed to calm him down. Billy immediately tightened his arms around Steve's waist, keeping him close as he brushed his lips over Steve's cheek. "My omega." He whispered huskily.

Steve shuddered and whimpered. "My alpha."