𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫

Hey y'all! I just wanted to say sorry for the lack of updates with this fic. Tbh I've been Kinda lazy. But yeah . I still have no idea how long this fanfic will be and how many chaps it'll have, so I'm hoping to try and finish S3, maybe add some more chaps afterwards. I'm sure you guys would love to see a very fluffy, cute domestic chap where Steve and Billy settle down with their baby 🍼 actually, I think I will do something like that, lmk what you guys think! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the chap~

Steve climbed out of his parked BMW and grabbed the grocery bags as he approached the Hargrove home. Billy's Camaro was the only vehicle in the driveway which meant that Billy's father probably wasn't home. He wasn't sure about his stepmother, but Steve figured he'd stop by and visit his alpha. Usually, Billy always spent the day or night at Steve's place, but the omega insisted on changing it up a bit. Of course, it was smarter only to visit whenever Neil wasn't home—they didn't want to risk anything.

He wasn't sure if Susan knew about their relationship; even if she did, it didn't seem to bother her. Perhaps she found it a good thing that Billy was able to find a mate that made her stepson happy. Steve rang the doorbell twice as he waited patiently. He wondered if Max was home or was out at the arcade. Or maybe hanging out with Mike and the other pups? He was hoping she was home because Steve planned to cook dinner for them—a little gesture to show that he deeply and utterly loves and cherishes his alpha and his little stepsister.

Steve puckered his lips as he rang again—nothing. Billy had to be home. His car was there, so why wasn't he answering the door? Setting the groceries down, Steve tried to peek through the window but it was hard to tell with the curtains in the way. Ringing the doorbell once more, he could hear Billy's shouting from inside the home. "Max!! Get the door!"

Steve's brows lifted in surprise—someone sounded like they were in a bad mood. Did he come at the wrong time? A part of Steve was beginning to regret coming here. Maybe he should have picked another time to do this.

"Maxine!" Another shout from Billy.

"Yeah, okay!!" Max shouted back and stomped toward the front door. She yanked it open and growled. "What?" Her face instantly changed from sour to surprise. "Steve? What're you doing here?"

Steve cleared his throat and forced a smile as he held up the grocery bags. "Hey, umm...I was hoping I could cook dinner for you guys. Are your parents home?"

Max made a face as her eyes scanned Steve up and down. "No. Stepdouche is at work and so is my mom. So...you came here to cook dinner for us? Why?"

Steve blinked at her with a dumbfounded expression. Did Billy not tell her that he was coming over? Well, this was a bit awkward. Steve got the feeling that he wasn't wanted and that kind of hurt. "Oh, well...y'know how much I care about you both and—"

"Omega, is that you?"

Steve perked up at the sound of Billy's voice. He lifted his gaze and smiled bashfully. Billy had turned the corner and stood in the entrance hall with a can of beer in his hand. Steve couldn't help but notice the sweat that was glistening on Billy's skin, mainly his muscular arms. The white cut-off tank was definitely doing wonders. His alpha looked really good. It made Steve feel a little hotunder the collar of his polo t-shirt.

Billy bore his usual, arrogant charismatic smirk as his ocean eyes took in the sight of his omega. "Let 'em in, Max."

Max shrugged and stepped aside for Steve to pass through.

"This isn't a bad time, is it?" Steve figured he'd ask.

Billy leaned against the open living room door frame and crossed his arms, causing the muscles to bulge slightly. "No. You're fine, omega. I'm glad you're here. Max, take the bags." He nudged his head at the grocery bags in Steve's hands. Max gave Billy a look before rolling her eyes taking hold of the bags and leaving toward the kitchen. Now that Steve thought about it, he's never been inside Billy's house before.