𝐈'𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 <3

Steve draped his long pale legs over Billy's lap as the two sat comfortably on the cushioned sofa together. The silence between them would have been deafening if not for the TV's soft audio playing in the background. Neither of them had bothered to pay the TV any mind—Steve was too busy lost in his thoughts about everything that happened today. He wasn't sure what was running through Billy's mind either. The alpha hadn't spoken a single word since they left school. He had an unreadable expression painted on his bruised face as his ocean eyes remained fixated on the TV screen. Steve leaned back to rest against the sofa's armrest as he thought about Tommy and his friends. He truly hoped that principal Higgins would remain true to his word. I have the situation under control.

He couldn't believe that Higgins had suspended Billy. His alpha did nothing wrong. He was defending Steve and protecting him. Steve had to keep repeating to himself that Tommy and his beta friends got what they deserved. It wasn't his fault and it wasn't Billy's fault either. It was theirs. They're the ones who started all of this. Even though Steve didn't know Hopper all that well (except last year's events with Will and the Demogorgon) he knew, without a doubt, that the older alpha would not stand for what Tommy and the others did. If he had been in Higgins' office, he probably would have arrested Tommy, Liam, and Noah on the spot without hesitation.

A small frown formed on Steve's plush lips. He tried to remember a time when Tommy became this other person—he was never like this when they were younger. Sure, even as a child Tommy could be mean and would bully other kids—but he never did that to Steve. The freckle-faced beta always tried to protect him when they were children. So what changed? Did he change when they got older? Was it high school that changed him? What the hell happened to his former best friend? Steve found himself speaking without thinking. "He was never like this before..."

That seemed to pull Billy's attention away from the TV screen and onto Steve. "Who? Tommy?"

"Yeah, I just...I was thinking about it and...I don't know what changed." The frown was still etched on Steve's lips when he lifted his gaze to look at his alpha. "Tommy was never like this. He never would have done something like this. I just...I don't get it. I-I mean," Steve licked his slightly dry lips. "We grew up together. We were childhood friends and...even when we were kids, Tommy was still mean and he would bully others, but..." Steve shook his head. "He never did that to me. When I was the one getting picked on or bullied—he would step in and protect me. So what the hell happened to him?" The last sentence was spoken in a hushed whisper as if the omega was trying to figure out the answer for himself.

Steve shook his head and let out a soft sigh. He wasn't going to get any kind of answer—no matter how many times he mulled it over. "Doesn't matter. We're not friends anymore and...he made his choice. He has no one to blame but himself." He gave Billy a tight-lipped smile when he felt the alpha's hand soothingly caressing his calf. "I still can't believe that Higgins suspended you. That's such bullshit." Steve rolled his eyes with a small shake of his head.

Billy frowned at that as he continued to stroke Steve's legs in a comforting manner. "It is what it is, omega. He isn't gonna change his mind. I just know my old man isn't gonna be happy about it." Now that Steve thought about it. Billy still hasn't told him about how he got the bruises on his face. Perhaps now was the right time to bring it up?

The brunette chewed on his lower lip as he blurted out. "You still haven't told me what happened—how you got those bruises. You know you can talk to me, Billy." Steve moved so that he was now straddling the alpha's lap. The touch of Steve's fingertips was featherlight against the bruise on Billy's cheek. The muscle in Billy's jaw tensed when he rested his hands on Steve's hips. He patiently waited for Billy's response as he released calming pheromones in the air—perhaps it would help ease the tension and get the alpha to open up.