𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮...

kinda losing energy.. lol

Steve's doe eyes stared absentmindedly at principal Higgins's mahogany desk. He watched how the fluorescent lights reflected off the dark polished wood. He wasn't sure where else to look so he decided to bear his gaze on the desk. But the numerous questions and thoughts in his head kept him distracted from whatever principal Higgins was saying to them. What if Billy didn't show up in time? What if Billy hadn't been there to save him? What would have happened if Tommy claimed Steve? Was something like that even possible? Steve belonged to Billy—his alpha.

Perhaps if he was still an unclaimed omega it would have been a different story—but he was claimed. Could a mating mark be replaced? Steve's stomach churned at the thought of Tommy somehow erasing Billy's mark on him. He didn't want to think about what could have happened—because Billy came to his rescue. He beat the living daylights out of Tommy and his stupid beta friends and they deserved it. Of course, all the noise was bound to get someone's attention when Mr. Wilson found Steve clinging to Billy while Tommy and his friends were still rolling around on the floor like a bunch of withering cockroaches.

Demanding an explanation as to what had happened, Billy explained everything as they were all being brought to the nurse's office. And now here they were—sitting in principal Higgins' office. The older alpha male was more than upset that such unacceptable and inappropriate misconduct had taken place in his school. Violating or attempting to molest an omega (whether mated or not) was a big no-no in principal Higgins's eyes. Steve couldn't even bring himself to smile when Higgins chewed Tommy, Liam, and Noah's asses out for this abhorrent behavior. All the three betas could do was slouch in their seats with their heads bowed in shame.

But principal Higgins's anger paled in comparison to Billy's. The alpha was quietly seething in his seat. His fists would clench and unclench on his lap. The muscles in his jaw would tense or twitch occasionally and he would let out an exhale or two through his nose. To say that Billy was still pissed would be an understatement. Steve was pretty sure that if Higgins or Mr. Wilson weren't in the room he'd continue to beat the shit out of Tommy and the other two betas. Steve wouldn't be surprised if Billy still had that thirst for blood to rip their throats out with his canines. He had seen the alpha's eyes shift from blue to red.

As much as that should have scared or worried Steve—it didn't. Deep down, he felt a sense of pride that his alpha would go this far to protect him. His inner omega purred and hummed when he watched Billy beat the crap out of the three. His alpha had protected him. His alpha came to save him from a fate worse than death. His alpha was there for him. Always. And Steve admitted as such. You're my alpha, Billy. The moment he spoke those words he didn't regret them because he meant it. Billy was his alpha. He's proven that time and again. Despite them being polar opposites, at the end of the day, Steve was still glad that it was Billy that claimed him.

Even though the two still barely knew each other, the bond between them was already strong. Snapping out of his thoughts, Steve's mind came back down to earth when he heard Higgins yell at Tommy, Liam, and Noah. "I will not accept or tolerate this sort of behavior! It's absolutely appalling and you three should be ashamed of yourselves! You three are expelled!"

Steve's eyes widened when he turned his attention to the three betas. The three boys' eyes widened in shock as they all sat there speechless by Higgins's words. Tommy's busted lips parted when he turned his bruised face to narrow his eyes at Billy and Steve. Billy's lips curled back as if he was going to either growl or snarl at the beta for even looking in his direction.

"And you," Higgins narrowed his eyes at Billy. "You're suspended, Mr. Hargrove."

Steve blinked. Wait, what? Did he hear that correctly? Why the hell was principal Higgins suspending Billy? He was defending and protecting Steve from getting...

This couldn't be right. Even Billy seemed a bit taken aback as to why he was getting suspended. He narrowed his gaze back at Higgins as if to challenge the older alpha. "What?" He gritted through his teeth.

"W-Wait, what?" Steve blurted out when he looked between Higgins and Billy. "You can't suspend him. He was defending me. He protected me from Tommy and his friends from...from..." Steve let out a shaky exhale. He couldn't even bring himself to finish his sentence. Steve shook his head. There was no way he was going to allow Higgins to suspend Billy. Now it was his turn to defend his alpha. "T-Then suspend me. If you're going to suspend Billy, then suspend me too."

Higgins's eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement as if he was trying to understand Steve's words. "I'm not going to suspend you, Mr. Harrington. You're the victim here. What sense would that make for me to suspend you?"

"What sense does it make to suspend Billy then?" Steve retorted. "He did what he did to protect me."

Higgins sighed deeply leaning back in his leather chair. "I understand that, Mr. Harrington. But I do not condone violence either. Mr. Hagan and his...friends took it too far therefore they are being expelled. Mr. Hargrove is simply suspended for violent misbehavior. Would you prefer I expelled him too?"

Steve's mouth gaped. Why did it feel like he was being patronized? "N-No..."

"Then I won't argue about this any further. My mind has been made up." Principal Higgins gave a simple wave of his hand. "You two may leave."

Wait. But what about Tommy, Liam, and Noah? Even though they were going to be expelled—were they still going to be let off the hook? Shouldn't the police be involved in this kind of case? Rape was a pretty serious and heavy crime in this small town. He wasn't going to go anywhere until he knew what was going to happen to them. "And them?" Steve stood up from his seat to point at the three betas. "What's going to happen to them?"

Higgins huffed as he gave Steve a look. "You and Mr. Hargrove may take your leave. I have the situation under control."

And that was their cue to leave the office. The two walked side-by-side down the empty corridor to their lockers to gather their belongings. Billy leaned his side against the locker next to Steve's but he remained silent. He crossed his arms as he watched Steve grumble under his breath and dug through his locker to get his backpack and anything else he would need. "I really, really hope that those assholes get arrested or something." Steve slung the strap of his backpack on his shoulder before closing his locker shut to look at Billy.

"An expulsion isn't good enough. I-I mean, they..." Steve swallowed the lump in his throat. "T-They...tried to..."

Seeing the clear distress on Steve's face, Billy frowned and pulled the younger male into his arms. "C'mere, sweetheart."

Steve threw his arms around Billy's neck to inhale his alpha scent which seemed to immediately calm his nerves. "I-I want those assholes behind bars for what they tried to do." Steve rested the side of his head on Billy's broad shoulder. He allowed himself to sink into Billy's close-knit embrace.

The blonde alpha kept his strong arms wrapped around Steve's slim waist. "I know, baby. I want that too. Trust me, if Higgens or Mr. Wilson weren't around I would have..." He let out a low growl squeezing Steve closer to him. "I would have torn their fucking throats out."

Steve pulled away slightly to cup Billy's cheeks. He couldn't help the small smile that graced his plush lips as his soft chocolate eyes searched Billy's blue ones. "You would have done that for me?"

Billy's smile matched Steve's and he nodded his head. "Yeah. I would have. I told you, didn't I? That'd I do anything for you. I meant every damn word."

Steve's omega scent brightened when the two pressed their foreheads together. Slowly, but surely, Steve could feel himself falling for the alpha. His alpha. The two remained like that for a bit just taking in each other's presence before Billy pulled away. He took Steve's hand in his to intertwine their fingers. "C'mon, princess. Let's get the fuck out of this shithole school."