𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞...

It's been about a week since the incident with Tommy and his friends. Thankfully, principal Higgins remained true to his word. The three betas were not only expelled from Hawkins High but were also arrested for attempted rape. It's no surprise that Hopper was extremely pissed about it and didn't hesitate to follow through with the arrest. It was a sigh of relief for Steve that Tommy and his friends got what they deserved.

Of course, Carol was more than upset about the whole thing saying things like this were all Steve's fault and that Tommy didn't deserve to be arrested, and that her boyfriend was innocent, yada yada yada. Her pleas and cries fell on deaf ears because everyone in Hawkins found out about what Tommy and his friends tried to do—and the three were shunned for it.

Hawkins may be a conservative town but rape was a big no-no for this community. Nobody would stand for it. Even though Steve has been feeling somewhat better after his breakup with Nancy—and yes, it did still hurt from time to time. He hasn't shown up to school for the entire week because he's been busy helping Dustin with this "dart" problem. For some odd reason, the little omega decided it was a great idea to keep that weird, slimy creature as a pet—and well, yeah, it obviously didn't pan out so well.

So here Steve was, helping clean up the mess Dustin started. He wasn't mad at the kid—Dustin was young and curious and felt bad for the creature. But it was still dangerous and it was growing day by day, which was another problem he had to help the kids with. He had helped Dustin track it down along the railroad tracks in the hope that it would miraculously come to them—that plan clearly didn't work. Steve had taken the kids (including Max, who was roped into the whole ordeal) to an abandoned junkyard where they had a "friendly" run-in with those weird, hideous, mini Demogorgon's (which the kids came up with the nickname demo-dogs).

Steve's protective omega mode kicked in and he defended his pups from those monsters because no one (not even some ugly ass mole rats) would hurt his kids. Because all of this bullshit with the Upside Down was happening yet again, Steve was grouped (once again) with Nancy. And to say that it was tense and awkward and uncomfortable would be an understatement. Steve found out a few days ago that Nancy and Jonathan were now dating. It shouldn't have come as a surprise to Steve because deep down, a part of him had a feeling that Nancy had always loved Jonathan instead.

But at the same time, it was still a surprise to know that even though he and Nancy recently broke up, she was able to quickly move on with Jonathan. And that kind of stung a bit—but to be fair, he has moved on (just a little bit) with Billy. Nancy was happy with Jonathan—it was obvious that the two loved each other and Steve felt happy for them. He also realized that he had to apologize for how he spoke to her and thankfully things ended on good terms between them. Steve was happy with Billy and—Oh, yeah.

Because he's been so busy with the kids and helping to solve another Upside Down mystery, he hasn't seen his alpha. He hasn't picked up any phone calls and he hasn't spoken to Billy. Honestly, he just hasn't been thinking about anything except helping the kids and his friends. So here he was, making sure to stay put with the kids in the Byers' house. "Hey!" Steve clapped his hands to draw the kids' attention to him. He placed both of his hands on his hips in full "mama bear" mode. "I swear, I don't know how many times I gotta repeat myself. But we are staying on the bench, alright?! We are not moving from this spot! That means, all of you," He gestured to the kids with the small, rag in his right hand. "Are staying here with me. Is that understood?"

No response. Steve pursed his lips and jutted his hip out. "I said is that understood?"

"Yes, Steve." They all grumbled in unison, some of them even had the audacity to roll their eyes at his overbearing protectiveness. Whatever. He'll take what he can get. None of them were leaving this house—not on his watch. Because there was absolutely no way in hell he was going back out there with the kids with a bunch of bloodthirsty demo-dogs running around.