𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞...

As it turns out the blonde alpha's name is Billy Hargrove. And it also turns out that Billy Hargrove is utterly and irrevocably an asshole. Actually, him being an asshole would be an understatement. A newcomer to Hawkins and apparently he already believes that he's in charge—that everyone will do as he says because he's...what? An alpha? Because he's strong and good-looking? Because everyone's just going to fall to their knees and do as he says? There was no way in hell that Steve was going to blindly follow the herd. A majority of the girls already had a thing for Hargrove and that also seemed to boost the alpha's ego a ton.

He was confident (extremely so) and suave in his actions and words. There's no question that he knew how to wrap the omegas and (possibly) betas around his finger. Hell, Steve certainly wouldn't be surprised if Billy already had a fan club. Sure, he was hot. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that. And yeah, he's an alpha with good looks as an added bonus. But that damn attitude...not to mention the alpha's cocky smugness. And did Steve forget to mention the crude way Billy talks?

And now, thanks to Tommy, Billy has been invited to hang out with them and to be a part of their inner circle. The freckled beta asked Billy to chill with them during lunch and also suggested that he should join the Tigers basketball team. Steve has never felt more tempted to duct-tape Tommy's mouth shut. The team was doing just fine. They didn't need another member. Steve was pretty sure that Billy probably didn't even know how to play basketball anyway. And even if he did—they didn't need him.

"Yeah, man, you should totally consider joining the team." Tommy had said during their lunch period. But all he got in response was a simple hum from the blonde alpha. Maybe if Billy wasn't such an asshole he and Steve could have been friends. But he had already humiliated Steve during their shared language arts class. Due to his terrible luck, Mrs. Jones decided (out of all the students) to pick Steve to answer the question on the chalkboard. Language arts was one of those classes that Steve wasn't very adept at.

His responses were slow and on top of that, he was a slow reader. He was dyslexic, so it was challenging for him to grasp complex words and sentences. Plus it didn't really help that Steve didn't even read the assigned chapter of their novel. So while he was staring like a dumbass at the board as if the question would answer itself, Billy decided it would be an amazing opportunity to embarrass Steve. He had said something along the lines of "need help there, princess?" or "try not to think too hard. You might pop a vein, pretty boy." It was absolutely embarrassing.

And the worst part was that his classmates were all giggling and laughing at Billy's remarks. He felt like the laughing stock in his class. Even Mrs. Jones had nothing to say about that. She just sent Steve back to his seat and picked someone else to answer the stupid question. Oh, and to make matters worse Billy took Tommy's advice. He was now a part of the Tigers basketball team. Isn't that just great? Steve felt like he was going to pop a gasket. A part of Steve wondered if he should give Billy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he wasn't really that much of an asshole. Maybe he should give the alpha a chance. Yeah, what a mistake that was.

Apparently, Coach Clayton wanted to see Billy's skills out on the court. And what better way for Billy to test his skills than have a 1v1 with Steve? Steve didn't really like to brag, but he believed he was pretty good at basketball. It was one of his favorite hobbies. He liked basketball—it was something he was good at. His confidence is what made him captain of the team. That's right. He was an omega in charge of a bunch of betas and alphas. And once again, Billy took a great deal of pleasure in humiliating Steve on the court. Billy's moves were precise, aggressive, and swift meanwhile Steve was nearly struggling to keep up with the alpha.

What was really annoying was how Billy was imitating Steve's moves. If he moved to the left then Billy did the same thing. It was like Billy became his shadow and that was truly aggravating. Steve's scent soured with sheer irritation. It didn't take an idiot to notice that Billy was purposefully showing off. What made matters worse (again) is when the two boys started grinding on each other. Steve's body was coated in a light sheen of sweat as his back was fully pressed against Billy's hard naked chest. Steve had the ball (for now, at least) and Billy was not making things easy for him. He could feel the alpha's hot breath fanning against his ear and the back of his neck where his unclaimed mating mark is.