ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₂₃

Hey guys!! So sorry for the long wait. And... HAPPY NEW YEARS (totally not late)

Steve felt like he was fading in and out of consciousness. Everything around him was spinning. He couldn't see or think clearly and his head was throbbing. Whatever drug those Russians injected him with was definitely making him feel out of it—as if he was facing an out-of-body experience. He could hear Robin's laughter, but it sounded so distant. That's weird. Why was she laughing? What kind of drug did they even give them?

Steve had smoked weed a few times, especially when he used to hang out with Tommy and Carol. But he stopped after their friendship came to an end. But this felt completely different from smoking weed. The young omega was currently feeling a range of emotions—anger, confusion, amusement, and sadness. He felt like he wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. Steve wasn't expecting to have a laughing fit with Robin as the two giggled like a bunch of toddlers.

He wasn't even sure why he was laughing and what was so funny in the first place, but it was like he couldn't control himself. "I do not understand! Why are they laughing?!" The Russian general scowled as he leaned down and forcefully grabbed Steve's chin. "What is so funny, boy?!"

Steve blinked groggily as if he were trying to decipher in his mind what the general said before it finally processed through his brain. "Y-You." He giggled.

The general clicked his tongue in disdain before looking at the doctor. "Up the dosage. Now!"

The doctor hurried to procure another syringe, his hands fumbling in the process. But before the doctor could near Robin or Steve, the door burst open causing it to bash into the wall. The two guards that had been manning the door were now lying on the floor. Whether they were dead or not, Steve couldn't tell. When he slowly turned his gaze to the open doorway, his heart nearly stopped. For a short moment, he forgot that he was drugged.

Because standing in the doorway was Billy—his alpha. The front collar of Billy's white tank top was soaked in sweat. The veins on Billy's arms, neck, and face were black and protruding. His blonde curls were wild and he had this dark look in his ocean eyes. He did not look good at all. Steve's bruised lips parted and his single, good eye widened. "A-Alpha..." He whispered in disbelief. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

A part of him wondered if he was simply hallucinating, but it felt too real to be a hallucination. Everything happened in a blur as the doctor quickly snatched a scalpal nearby and recklessly lunged at Billy. The blonde alpha didn't even hesitate to wrap his strong hand around the doctor's throat and easily lifted him off the ground as if he weighed nothing. The doctor struggled as he choked and gasped for air. He was desperately yelling something in Russian as his legs flailed hopelessly.

An angered growl rumbled from Billy's throat as he snapped the doctor's neck and carelessly dropped his lifeless body to the ground. Steve couldn't tear his gaze away as he watched Billy slowly step into the room. Billy was like a hungry predator as he approached the general in a slow stride. The general was clearly panicking as he backed up into the wall and struggled to pull his weapon from the holster on his hip. He was crying and hollering in Russian, but his pleas fell on deaf ears when Billy grabbed a pair of stainless steel scissors and jabbed the object into the man's throat.

Whatever Robin was saying to Steve was drowned out by the guttural sounds the general was making as he dropped to his knees and fell face forward to the ground. Witnessing Billy ruthlessly kill those men should have terrified Steve. It should have worried him and yet, it didn't. His alpha came to save them. Steve figured that Billy had been able to track Steve through their shared bond and the distress pheromones that permeated the air.

As grateful as Steve was that Billy came to rescue them, he still didn't understand what was going on with him. Why was he acting this way? And why were the veins on his body black? Was he sick? Billy neared Steve and Robin and tore the binds that were constraining them. Steve's eye fluttered and he weakly reached his arms up. "A-Alpha..." He whined.

Billy made a rumbling sound and picked Steve up in his arms as he carried him bridal-style. "Mine." He snarled. Billy didn't even bat an eye to Robin or when Dustin and Erica came rushing into the room. It was clear that Billy only cared about one thing—Steve.

Steve wrapped his arms around Billy's neck and nuzzled his nose against his neck to inhale his scent. Still the same scent as always. "Billy...mmm...they drugged me..." Steve attempted to explain, but his head hurt and it was still difficult for him to focus. Plus, it didn't seem like Billy was listening either. Despite the shitty situation he and Robin were in, Steve was glad and relieved to see Billy. But that relief was short-lived when he suddenly remembered the baby.

Steve squirmed in Billy's arms as he kept whining. "O-Oh, God...Billy...I don't...feel so good..." Steve's fingers tightly clutched the collar of Billy's tank top. "B-Bathroom...need bathroom..." As they entered the mall, Billy had taken Steve to the nearest bathroom with Robin still tagging along. Once he was put on his feet, Steve stumbled into a stall and fell to his knees as he vomited.

He gagged and heaved into the toilet bowl until he felt like he puked the drug out of his system. Now he just felt weak and exhausted and dizzy. Thankfully, there was no blood or anything in his puke. But his stomach still hurt. A wave of anxiety washed over Steve as he abruptly started sobbing. "M-My baby..." He rubbed his stomach in soothing circles.