Chapter 6

Lan Zhan and A-Ying dance around like two butterflies not knowing how to start expressing their feelings. Xichen and Qiren watch them silently not want to interfere. They have to sort things out for themselves. It's been a year since A-Ying became apart of the Lan Sect when Lan Zhan made his mind up. He is 15 and A-Ying 13. He were having afternoon tea with his uncle, brother and A-Ying
when Lan Zhan stood up and bow deeply to his uncle. Lan Qiren raised his eyebrow as Xichen smile at his brother. A-Ying looks on confused.
" Uncle this one Lan Zhan, courtesy name Lan Wanji of Gusulan are asking uncles permission to officially court A-Ying courtesy name Lan Wuxian from Gusulan". He stayed in the low bow waiting nervously for his uncles answer. Lan Qiren took his time for this is not a light matter. Finally he lift his eyes and look at his A-Ying then his nephew. A-Ying's eyes flickered nervously between the two.
"Wanji I asked just this of you. Promise me that you will never hurt him. That you will always love, protect and cherish him. That your eyes will not stray that it will always stay on him. That you will only be his alpha". " This one promise uncle". "Then you have my blessing to court A-Ying but the final answer lays with him". Lan Zhan slowly come up from his bow and turn to look at A-Ying who's eyes are shining with unshed tears. He once again bow towards him and asked. "A-Ying will you do this one the honor to become my betrothal". A-Ying stood up and took Lan Zhan's hands nudging him to lift his head. He smile through the tears at Lan Zhan. " Lan Zhan I would be honored to be your betrothal". He said. Lan Zhan blew out a breath he didn't knew he was holding.

He put his hand into his robes and pull out a white cloth with clouds on and hold it towards A-Ying who took it. He opened it and gasp softly for inside lay the most beautiful jade comb he has ever seen. It was carved from pure jade with drifting clouds on top. When he looked closer he saw that something else was carved on it. He brought it closer and saw that it was words. It said. FOREVER YOURS.
A-Ying couldn't helped the tears flowing down his cheeks. "Thank you Lan Zhan it's beautiful. He inturn also took out a white cloth and give it to Lan Zhan who opened it just to find a beautiful jade pin inside adorned with clouds. On the pin was also some writing which read. ALWAYS AND FOREVER. He looked at A-Ying with soft eyes pulling him in for a hug which was recuperate whole heartily.
When they were hugging a little bit to long for Lan Qiren he clean his throat and both boys let go of each other. A-Ying cheeks a shade of red which Lan Zhan's ears match to a tee.

Xichen looked on with a proud smile throughout the whole exchange. Thinking should it be a summer or spring wedding. They should really found out which would be the most auspicious day for the wedding. He can't wait to be an uncle. He is probably way ahead but really one could never be prepared for such things. Lan Qiren wait till the two boys sit down before he speaks. "Lan Zhan and A-Ying first congratulations but as of tomorrow you will be assigned a chaperone who will shadow you wherever you go". The two were not impress but agree with him whole heartedly in the end. " Congratulations A-Ying and Lan Zhan.
Wishing you two all of the best in your courting". Xichen said to them.
The next day the elders were inform of the good news. It was received without any problems. Things between the two progress quite nicely and Lan Qiren was glad. He only wish for their happiness but for now they will keep the news to themselves. Lan Zhan and A-Ying has yet to leave the Cloud Recess to go with them to a discussion conference and he knows that he can't keep them in the Cloud Recess forever. Soon they will go on nighthuntings and meet disciples from different seft there is nothing he can do about.

A-Ying and Lan Zhan were the perfect couple. They complimented each other in every way. Lan Zhan has also become more protective over A-Ying. They are together every second of the day. As their affection and love grew for each other people could see the glow that resonate from them. The outside world did not exist to the two boys. A-Ying never experience a heat nor did Lan Zhan experience a rut. Their brother and uncle was worried but thought that maybe when they are older it would happened they did not expect or was prepared for what happened four months later.