Their Story

They met more then sixty years ago on a nighthunt. Wanji was from a prominent sect the Gusulan Sect and ChengQing was a rogue cultivator who grew up on the streets. Wanji and the senior disciples who were with him had a difficult time to subdue the ayoa who was filled with resentful energy, they were starting to tire and there was no way they will be able to subdue the creature or even defeat it. Low on energy they heard a flute blowing a eery tune. They looked around to see where the sound came from but could not see anyone. The sound continue and slowly the resentful energy started to flow out of the creature and disperse. Soon they saw a red flare of a sword and a man in black and red killing the creature with his sword. Once the creature was dead the young man played rest on his flute then turn around and bowed towards Wanji and the disciples and introduce himself. " This one is called ChengQing. I am a rogue cultivator. I saw you having some trouble so I decided to help". He said and as he lifts his head a gave them a smile.
" This one is Wanji from the Gusulan Sect. This one thanks you for your help". He bowed in gratitude towards the young man before he came back up just as the disciples also gave their thanks. " Ah it's nothing. I'm just glad that I could help". He said while scratching the nape of neck a shy smile on his face. " If you would not mind. I would like to buy you a meal to thank you properly". Wanji said to him. " That's not necessary really. You would've done the same for me if the roles was reverse right". ChengQing said. "Yes but I would still like to buy you a meal". He insist and ChengQing excepted. It's not everyday that he gets a free meal and propably some wine with it. After Wanji and the disciples had rested for awhile they all flew towards the nearest town and went towards the nearest inn where wanji booked some rooms for them to clean themselves up before they went down for something to eat.

When they finally were seated. The disciples sat down at their own tables and the two of them a bit further away from them. The inn keeper took their orders and went to prepare it. ChengQing looks at the young man sitting in front of him. 'I have never seen such a beautiful man before. He truly is as magnifect and graceful and beautiful as the people says. It was just his luck to have met him tonight. He knew the moment he saw him that he is his mate and he knows that wanji knows it also otherwise why would he invite him to a meal'. ChengQing thought to himself smiling and he could feel a blush creeping up his cheeks and neck as he saw wanji looking at him so intensely as if trying to figure him out. So ChengQing decided to break the silence before his face actually caught fire the way face is burning from the blushing.
" So wanji do you normally invite strangers for a meal whom you just met or is it just me". He asked teasingly. Wanji could feel his ears burn and he let his eyes down for a moment hoping that ChengQing does not see it. To bad he did. He answered. " No I do not usually invite strangers for a meal". " So why me?". He asked. Wanji stares at him for while. ' I never thought that I would meet my mate in such a strange situation. He control resentment and I do not think that my family would except him but I will not let him go'.
" Because you are my mate. My fated one. I was not looking but I am glad that I have found you". Wanji answers honestly. ChengQing smile at him and wanji could swear his heart was about to jump out of his chest. He took a few deep breaths as ChengQing was watching him and then he starts to laugh. Why did he had to laugh no stop laughing my poor heart. Wanji was thinking. ChengQing eventually stops laughing before he says. " How can you be so sure that I am your mate. Your fated one". Wanji answers. " I have felt you. There was a pull when I saw you. I have never felt it before not until now". An honest mate ChengQing thought to himself a small smile on his face. " So what are we going to do. I don't think your sect would be over joy with me a rogue cultivator and demonic cultivator as your mate". He said. " True they will not be but there is nothing that they can do. Once someone of our sect founds his fated mate then the sect must except it and they can't force them apart. About your Cultivation it is your own choice as long as it does not harm you". Wanji told ChengQing.